payment always on hold

rugarai
Contributor
Contributor

My employer asked me to contact Paypal regarding payment. Every time he sends my payment, it will always be put on hold. I always have to remind him to confirm the order and he found it a bit annoying as he's always busy with meetings etc. I confirmed with my colleagues and all of them receive their payments without any delay. Do I need to do anything in my end? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

rugarai
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply but I've read that so many times and it doesn't answer my question. Like I have mentioned, this only happens to me as my colleagues receive their payment without any delay. I used to receive my payment without any delay but It started February this year when we were advised to change the email address where we send our invoices to and from there, every payment that was sent to me was always on hold.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rugarai 

If you change your email address then it would trigger the payment hold again as it would look as if it was being sent to a new account as your email address identifies your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rugarai
Contributor
Contributor

I did not change my email address, my employer did. He just asked us to send invoice to a different email address. Even with my employer's new email address, my colleagues were all receiving payments without being put on hold, it only happens to me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@rugarai, 

It sounds like your employer is sending you payments intended for a sale. Maybe they need to send you a personal payment, this way it might not be held by PayPal thinking you're a seller. 

However, there could be other possibilities for the hold, but in this case, a PayPal agent will need to review your account to check it out. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.