how to make an invoice

mj143
New Community Member

when sender is trying to send funds he gets an error , he suggest i make an invoice. can some one guide through the process of making an invoice ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mj143 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in 

• Netherlands Antilles

You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mj143 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in 

• Netherlands Antilles

You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Janeraddle
Contributor
Contributor
I am sorry to bother you, but I have a similar issue as a resident of Ukraine. Although in the link you provided Ukraine listed as a country not available to receive founds, PayPal claimed to expanded to my country and it should be available since March 17. Anyhow, I can't create an invoice neither I have a working "request" button. I also can't call to PayPal support as they are trying to dial me with Dublin, it's insane. Can you suggest me anything to solve this issue? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janeraddle 

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but they are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Janeraddle
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thank you for clarifying, I have a friend in Canada that want to send me money. He asked me to make a request (as I mentioned I can't do that) so will he be able to send me money if I just provide him with my email address, or are there particular steps to make for PayPal to recognize him as a "friend"? Thank you so much.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janeraddle 

He can send you a friends/family payment from his country to yours, just make sure he sends in a currency that you can receive.

Tell him to go to send/request > send funds > put in your email address > put in amount (use drop down box to select currency) > select the friends/family option on the next page > then follow the on screen prompts to finish.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Janeraddle
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thank you so much, you are my savior 🙂 I was quite frustrated but your advices changed that 🙂 Be safe
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janeraddle 

You're welcome, routing for you all over there.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.