Withdraw funds on a closed/locked bank account

atesherymie
New Community Member
Hi please help me. I mistakenly turned on "Auto transfers" to my closed/locked bank account which is already inaccessible. Then after 180days of funds being on hold, it immediately got transferred to the bank which was the inaccessible one. Would it bounce back to my PayPal funds? Help!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @atesherymie,

Thank you for visiting PayPal Community Forum!

I understand your concern about your funds transferred to a closed/locked bank account. A complete status of the withdrawal in your account means that PayPal successfully processed your transfer request to the chosen bank account. If there's any issue with withdrawal, your bank will notify to PayPal and you will be updated by PayPal via email about the issue in a week. 

If the bank account is a closed one, the funds will be returned to your PayPal balance within a week. If the bank account is a locked one and there's no reversal happened after a week, you have to contact your bank to get access to your funds. 

Hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.