Where is the Conversion Calculator within the Wallet?

khindall
Contributor
Contributor

I looked at the Help to find the Currency Calculator. It said go to the Wallet.

I did. I couldn't find it.

I went back to Help. There was a post that said to check under "Balance".

I looked for "Balance". Couldn't find that anywhere on the page.

I turned off the dark theme to be sure that wasn't obscuring it. It wasn't.

From the way the Help and posters to the Community talk about it, it's something obvious. I just can't find it, though. I do have to say what's the "Balance" a balance of? I have a bank account and multiple credit cards in my Wallet, and why would PayPal have my balances for those?

Can anyone clarify the clarification?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khindall 

Click on Wallet, click Balance on the left column. On the right column, click the link called “Currency Calculator”  just under and right of the “Transfer Money” button.

Edit: If you don’t have a Balance option, then your account does not have a Balance account set up. Accept a payment and you’ll be given an option to “Keep it in PayPal” to set up a Balance account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khindall 

Click on Wallet, click Balance on the left column. On the right column, click the link called “Currency Calculator”  just under and right of the “Transfer Money” button.

Edit: If you don’t have a Balance option, then your account does not have a Balance account set up. Accept a payment and you’ll be given an option to “Keep it in PayPal” to set up a Balance account.

Login to Me Too

khindall
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarkerWow, you'd think they'd make that more obvious! Like put a note about "If you don't see a Balance . . . " like you did!

Although I hated having to give them my SSN. But of course I'm a dinosaur who remembers when there was such a thing as privacy and people valued it.

Thanks much!

On edit: My apologies for taking so long to respond. My life just never seems to pause sufficiently to keep up with anything, even finances. Thanks for your patience!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khindall wrote:

@sharpiemarkerWow, you'd think they'd make that more obvious! Like put a note about "If you don't see a Balance . . . " like you did!

Although I hated having to give them my SSN. But of course I'm a dinosaur who remembers when there was such a thing as privacy and people valued it.

Thanks much!

On edit: My apologies for taking so long to respond. My life just never seems to pause sufficiently to keep up with anything, even finances. Thanks for your patience!

That’s true. 

These days of opening financial accounts online, such institutions need a way to verify identities unfortunately. PayPal and other fintechs don’t have the pleasure of doing business in person with us.

No problem, you’re very welcome. Take care!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.