Where do I deposit a delayed action deposit?

seamas7
Contributor
Contributor

How [or perhaps where] do I deposit  $900 in some place from where it can be released to the seller in Perth, West Australia  by me in Adelaide, South Australia a few days later when I have inspected the contents of the parcel sent to me through Australia Post by the seller [inPerth] when he sees my deposit of $950 [$50 for postage and insurance] in the place you might tell me about as soon as possible please, kind regards', seamas.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @seamas7

Welcome to PayPal and PayPal's Community Forum! I understand you're looking to send some money to a seller for a package you'd like to inspect first before you pay them. I'd be happy to introduce you to sending and receiving money through PayPal. You can send money either as a Good / Service with Purchase Protection, or as Friends / Family without Purchase Protection. 

There's not necessarily a way for you to request us to hold and then release funds to the seller once you get the item and are satisfied with it. PayPal may hold funds from time to time on the receiver's end, but that is mostly based off of the receiver's history with PayPal as well as other factors we take into consideration. 

However, if you were to make a purchase as Goods / Services through PayPal, and the item you received is not what you expected, or you don't receive the item at all, you have the option to open a dispute through our Resolution Center. From there, our resolution teams will investigate the matter with you and the seller to come to an amenable solution. 

I hope that clears up how to use PayPal to make a purchase. Thanks for thinking of us!

Cheers!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @seamas7

Welcome to PayPal and PayPal's Community Forum! I understand you're looking to send some money to a seller for a package you'd like to inspect first before you pay them. I'd be happy to introduce you to sending and receiving money through PayPal. You can send money either as a Good / Service with Purchase Protection, or as Friends / Family without Purchase Protection. 

There's not necessarily a way for you to request us to hold and then release funds to the seller once you get the item and are satisfied with it. PayPal may hold funds from time to time on the receiver's end, but that is mostly based off of the receiver's history with PayPal as well as other factors we take into consideration. 

However, if you were to make a purchase as Goods / Services through PayPal, and the item you received is not what you expected, or you don't receive the item at all, you have the option to open a dispute through our Resolution Center. From there, our resolution teams will investigate the matter with you and the seller to come to an amenable solution. 

I hope that clears up how to use PayPal to make a purchase. Thanks for thinking of us!

Cheers!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.