Sent wrong amount from € to £ . What I'd best way to correct / top up / add more to send ?

Peneleapai
Contributor
Contributor
What is best (cheapest) way to send more money to someone in a different currency ? I meant to send the equivalent of £500 to a friend, but instead sent £50. It cost €1.99 for the transaction (because there was a currency conversion involved) If i ask my friend to refund me, am i correct to presume the €1.99 will not be refunded? I just wanted to know for certain. Thanks for taking the time to answer if you have experienced this directly, or if you know beyond the shadow of a doubt.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @Peneleapai,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. I understand you've sent £50 instead of of £500 to a friend by accident. If the original payment you sent involved a currency conversion we will convert the returned amount from the currency received by the recipient as follows:

• If the amount is returned within one day of the date of the original payment we will use the transaction exchange rate applicable on the date of the original payment, so that you receive the original amount (including the currency conversion fee you paid) in the original currency you converted for the original payment.
  • If the amount is returned after one day of the date of the original payment we will use the transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of the conversion of the returned amount. Note that, for the purpose of this particular return conversion, you agree to bear the currency conversion fee for amounts returned to you as refunds or refused payments.

This means that the €1.99 fee would also be refunded. I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.