Refunded on an inactive card

Mariyas3
Contributor
Contributor

Just received a full refund from a seller. The refund is directed to the same card I used for the purchase. This card is now blocked. I added a new card to my account, from another provider. How can I get my refund now? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Mariyas3 , bank card in opposition or invalid, the money will be refunded to the bank account, issuer of the CB. repayment term, up to 30 days.

( for some countries, when the bank account does not exist, the refund should go to balance. )

to know /

If the card you paid with is terminated or invalid, contact the issuer (your bank), as the money is still being refunded to the associated account. ( Bank account )

Login to Me Too

Mariyas3
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help. I will contact the bank and find out if they can do something. The card is blocked, I returned it a month ago, but the bank account still exist (as a passive one, can't use it), as they told me it takes 1-2 months to close it finally. Anyways if the money will go to the PayPal account, that's good enough.
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mariyas3 

no, not directly to the paypal balance.. at first it will go to the issuing bank account of the CB. if the bank refuses the money, you will need to call paypal.

Login to Me Too

Mariyas3
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, I will check that tomorrow. Thank you very much 🙂
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mariyas3 

you're welcome and have a nice day

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mariyas3 

Sorry but can you confirm you used a debit card to fund the purchase and not a linked bank account?

Only it would only bounce back to your paypal balance if you used your bank account.

It would not bounce back if you used a debit card.

You would need to contact your bank to help you recover the funds sent to a closed card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.