Received a refund but it's not showing in my balance

Jane08
Contributor
Contributor

After unauthorised use of my account pay pal have refunde me back my money,but there is two transactions that they said they've refunded but not showing in my bank account,after numerous calls they are saying its my banks fault,I have been in touch with my bank and they're saying its definitely not there and to get in touch with PayPal and tell them

I am just going from one to the other now PayPal just say they've done everything there end and there's no more they can do I'm at my wits end just don't know what to do its for £800 which I can't afford to loose

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Dian

Hi Jane08, 

Thank you for posting in our Community. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the 800 GBP back yet after unauthorized account use. I would advise to contact us on Facebook or twitter so that we can help you resolve this. You can use this link: www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal .

I hope we can help you sort this out very soon. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Vincentiaa
Contributor
Contributor
Help!! The same thing happened to me, except it shows it’s complete, I payed with 36 cents on balance and $74.64 with my prepaid card! The 36 cents was refunded, but it never refunded $74.64 to my prepaid or balance.
Login to Me Too

tuanbs

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. I got message about refund and see it appears on PayPal transaction but the money is not in my PayPal balance as well as my bank account. I tried to report it to PayPal via chat service but their website gives the virtual bot to chat with me which makes no sense as they can't understand human.

I guess the seller on eBay I bought item from is a SCAM who exploits the issue of PayPal system. It's like the seller sent the refund and then he/ she canceled the refund. Then somehow the PayPal system still shows the refund transaction in PayPal activity which makes the buyers think they already got the refund. But if the buyers check the PayPal balance and bank account, they'll see the refund is not gone through. Fortunately, this time I paid only $3.95. So be aware of this issue when you got refund. Just double check and report it ASAP to eBay and don't wait till the issue closed which is difficult to dispute. Thanks.

Cheers,

Tuan.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tuanbs 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sarath_sabey
Contributor
Contributor

Reply PayPal Email (KMM417051882V81072L0KM

25.12.2020 I had sent 10$ for Bar. Gerry [removed] he says fund has  cancelled .Pay says  fund has refuned. But so far  bank not shows refund . My local bank says authorize code <removed> contact pay pal to see merchant and know the fund is received and refund details.  Transaction ID: is  11E03919J5649662L. Cam't open a complaint box recently.Waitng favorable reply.

Login to Me Too

rboesgaard
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever figure this issue out? I’m having the same problem.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.