Privacy PayPal when receiving payments

mbdt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I would like to know if it is possible to hide my name and address when I want to receive a payment. I know the other person needs my email address, and that is fine by me, but I just want to make sure they dont know my name and address. Can anyone help me? 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mbdt 

The other person will see your name AND email address at the very least with a personal account. No 100% anonymity when doing financial transactions online. When receiving payments, the sender doesn’t normally see your address as it is not required to complete payment. If you send an invoice, you may hide address, etc.

To display a business name/business info to public, open a business account as “individual”, if you’re not a registered business. Even then, 100% anonymity can’t be guaranteed. However, do take the time to go through all feature(s) settings and account settings, adjusting to preference before accepting payments. Use real account holder/home info though. No fake name as account holder, for example

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.