PayPal identified me as the seller which I'm not

Jom04
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally created a business account I think and PayPal identified me as the seller which I'm not. I am a freelancer and I just received the first payment from my client today. PayPal put my funds on hold and it's asking me to provide a proof of fulfillment, proof of purchase from my supplier and info on specific transaction activity. But I got none of those since I'm not a seller. What can be done?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jom04 

Yes you are a seller. You are selling your services as a freelancer. With PayPal, you can receive payment for intangible services, virtual items and physical items.

You are posting with a personal account so you don’t have a business account and personal accounts also have ability to accept commercial payments too.

If you have none of the information requested, you’ll have to write a note explaining why you don’t for each request. Pdf the note and upload to the related request. So you have to write 3 notes:

proof of fulfillment = proof of delivery

proof of purchase = receipt from company where you get your inventory

info on specific transaction activity = explaining what those payments are for

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jom04 

Yes you are a seller. You are selling your services as a freelancer. With PayPal, you can receive payment for intangible services, virtual items and physical items.

You are posting with a personal account so you don’t have a business account and personal accounts also have ability to accept commercial payments too.

If you have none of the information requested, you’ll have to write a note explaining why you don’t for each request. Pdf the note and upload to the related request. So you have to write 3 notes:

proof of fulfillment = proof of delivery

proof of purchase = receipt from company where you get your inventory

info on specific transaction activity = explaining what those payments are for

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jom04
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for this. Where do I send the notes?
Login to Me Too

Moses_Chew
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I have the same question too. How and where do i submit a written form to explain the details?

Login to Me Too

Moses_Chew
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can you please elaborate the steps on how to submit in a written form to Paypal? I'm in the same situation as the OP and have no idea what to do next. Thanks ahead   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Moses_Chew 

@Jom04 

If paypal have requested the information then normally you can upload it in the resolution centre of your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.