My refund is being issues to my previous bank account, which doesn't exist anymore.

hovostar
Contributor
Contributor

My refund is being issues to my previous bank account, which doesn't exist anymore.

Will the Refund get denied by the bank, will the refund remain on my PayPal balance instead?

Is there a way to stop this refund and put the refund directly on my PayPal account instead?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ShaqOatmeal
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. Sorry to hear that you have problems when trying get a refund. Happens here all the time. It's just how things roll here in PayPal. Good news is, you will eventually get it. It might drive you nuts, and you might loose some sleep, but not your money! Hey - it's PayPal and they will not leave you hanging. At least I hope so. 👀 Just hang in there. Try to stay positive. Best thing you can do, is give them a call or drop them a line on the Message Center. Describe your problem as clearly and briefly as possible and I am sure they will help you.

Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hovostar 

If the initial purchase was made from a bank account (and not debit card) and the transfer is declined at all then yes it should bounce back to your paypal balance, allow 14 days and if no  sign contact customer services for a trace. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.