I have a Payment on hold over 31 days

TerrenceMitchel
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a payment on hold for over 31 days.  Multiple message strings that dead ended with generic answers and then closed after 48 hours.  I have a support case number and am calling back for the 4th time.... been on hold for over 3 1/2 hours.  I've found all the posted information on how to release funds... shipping information entered, buyer received the product, I have my tax ID in the system, order status updated.  This is my first ever sale on PayPal, so there's no possibility of complaints or fraud in my history.  Web site has conflicting messages, such as don't ship until the payment is released, plus, you will receive your monies 1 day after the delivery is confirmed.  And the "21" day statement.  All incorrect.

Last two support people said "computer glitch" and promised to return a call in 48 hours.  Both went a week before I called back again.

Anyone else having an issue like this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TerrenceMitchel 

Web site has conflicting messages, such as don't ship until the payment is released

That applies to uncleared eChecks or payments on review. If a payment is subject to a PayPal 21 day hold, then it’s ok to ship.

Have you asked customer to “confirm receipt”?

How do I confirm I received an item?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TerrenceMitchel
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted the seller, and they were kind enough to check for that option.  After discovering it wasn't there, they called support and somehow got through (when I was on hold for a total of 7 1/2 hours the same day) and the rep told them it "should" be there, and couldn't explain why it wasn't.  Told them there's nothing they could do.

Also, I got a notification from PayPal this morning assuring me they had finally resolved the issue, and and confirmed the funds are now released.... I just checked.  Still on hold.

There wasn't thousands of dollars at stake, I would find this comical. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TerrenceMitchel 

Has PayPal released payment yet?

There wasn't thousands of dollars at stake, I would find this comical.

As this being your very first sale and it’s thousands of dollars involved, that would be considered a high risk transaction to PayPal because you have no prior history/track record with PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AWayWithWords
Contributor
Contributor

I am a longtime PayPal user and am having the same problem. They held my funds and said I needed to upload tax docs for the funds to be released. I uploaded the docs over a week ago and they said "Yes you did everything right and we have all the info we need; we're having a software glitch and will add you to the case." So I tried to refund the money so the payer could pay me another way, and PayPayl withdrew the refund money from my bank account and is now holding that as well!! So now I'm out double the amount, because PayPal is holding it all. The last customer service agent I spoke with said to check back after 72 hours. One can only hope. I also contacted a class action law firm about this.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @TerrenceMitchel, @sharpiemarker, and @AWayWithWords

Welcome to the PayPal Community, @TerrenceMitchel, and @AWayWithWords. I'm sorry to hear you're both having trouble with payments not releasing even after you've provided the requested tax documents. 

@sharpiemarker, thank you for getting this one started! We greatly appreciate all of your help on the Community. 

After investigating the tax hold issue, I found that our teams were able to locate an error that was causing the holds to remain even after all information was provided. This error has now been fixed. However, I understand that your transactions may still be on hold. To correct the stuck payments, click on the notification icon in the top right of your screen and open the notification where you were requested to add your tax information. Once the notification updates and shows that it has been read, refresh your browser. If this doesn't release the hold, please log out and then back into your account to refresh the entire account. 

If attempting these troubleshooting steps do not work, please reach out to our Customer Support again for further investigation. You can contact Customer Support on Twitter by sending DM to @AskPayPal or a PM on Facebook by going to facebook.com/PayPal. Support may also be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope this helps release the holds! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.