Funds never showed up in my personal account even though sender was fully charged

LitwickLitten
Contributor
Contributor

I am writing on behalf of my 79-year old aunt, who has limited tech proficiency. She sent me money for my birthday, PayPal fully charged her, and the money was deducted from her bank account.

However, the funds never showed up in my account and I was never notified she had sent the money in the first place. What is the best way for her to get her money back and try again? Can she even still dispute it internally, or will she have to go through her bank? If she does that, is there a risk I'll get hit with the chargeback fee?

I've never run into this problem before in all my decades online and couldn't find anything relevant in the help center, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LitwickLitten 

Have you double checked the email address OR number she used to send you the funds to make sure there were no spelling errors or typos?

Secondly what does it say under the transaction in her paypal account ie unclaimed / uncleared / pending / sent or payment etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LitwickLitten
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying! She just got back to me. She checked her transaction history, and it's marked as "sent to [my account]" on May 28. No typos.

She also got the email confirmation from PayPal that it had gone through. But nothing on my end.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LitwickLitten 

That's very strange as SENT means its successfully completed to the email address she sent it to which is an active account.

Did she send in USD or another currency? 

Also are you sure that the funds were not used as part of any recent transaction that you made? Check them and see how they were funded ie that sent payment or another funding source.

Other than that I am out of ideas so your next step would be the professionals ...

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.