ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

jebopiana
Contributor
Contributor
Where did you submit the requirements and how did you contact them?
Login to Me Too

alvinbobiles
It has been 14 days to be exact and still i haven’t received my money yet what should I do?
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @alvinbobiles you can send a fb message to Paypal. You can also send a ticket through the Paypal app. Both can help notify Paypal about the missing transaction. You can also notify your local bank and ask if there are any pending transactions. I inquired about my card number with my local bank, that’s how they found out that Paypal tried to send the money there but because it isn’t an account number, it was flagged as incorrect account so it was returned back to Paypal. Hope you get yours sorted soon
Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor

Same still haven't got my money back yet and im in my 14th day now. Can't do anything about except to wait and hoping that it's not going to take a full month for them to give the our money back.

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @Fanden have you sent a ticket through the Paypal app? They normally reply 24 hours after and will send you an email. In the Paypal app, click the settings icon on the top right corner. Then it should give you a drop down menu. Click “Help” at the very bottom, there’s a “Contact Us” link. Follow the prompts and it should allow you to send a ticket.
Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor

Yup i already did that too and they said i need to wait till 22th of the month before they make their move or something like that, tomorrow is that day which is 22 Jan but if they're basing on US base time then it'll be wednesday for me and that's their 22th of the month which is 23th for me, I dont mind tho. Hoping to get my money this week if not i dont know what to do anymore.

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@Fanden you can always follow up through email or fb messenger. As it is your right to know when you’ll receive your money back in your account so they should send you an update. You can always be polite in inquiring so it doesn’t sound like you’re harassing them. All the best in your follow up
Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor
Good news guys! I already got my money reversed back just now 7AM in the morning. After i follow up a couple of times every 2 days or 3 days I'm following up the Staffs so that they don't forget my case, and now after i follow it up i got my money back after an hour but it's been a long journey for real. Because i did my Withdrawal on Dec 31 2019 i just got it back this Jan 29 almost 1 month if you're gonna include the weekends. So just be patient and wait. And don't bug them every hour or other day instead every 2 days or 3 days sent a email and Facebook message because that's what I did. But one thing is they deducted me 4$ which is a not quite right tho 4$ is too much but anyways i got my money back that's not a problem. So Goodluck for all you who having the same problem and just be patient don't bug them every hour or day, that's all.
Login to Me Too

mikhail_racho
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to every one of you here on this forum. Unfortunately, I had the same setback, where I transferred my funds here from PayPal to my Debit Card here in the UAE. I got a confirmation email from Paypal that the funds were transferred, however when I checked my account nothing went through. I did this transfer yesterday and still did not reflect through my bank account. I went to the bank today and they mentioned that nothing was sent, and reverted me back to Paypal. So does it take 30 days for them to refund me back my money? Or it can be done earlier than this?

Login to Me Too

JCR12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I got the same situation where instead of putting my ACCOUNT NUMBER my 16digits debit card number is the one that is linked. I transferred the funds to the debit card number instead of the account number. 

I did message the Paypal using Contact us but they only replied an automatic email. 

Can I still get my money back? If yes, how long and what should I do?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.