Do I have to connect a card or bank account to PayPal to receive money?

SpicyAlmond
New Community Member

Do I have to link a card or bank account to PayPal to receive money or can I just use the account without linking anything?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SpicyAlmond 

Money sent to your personal account cannot be held as a balance in your personal account. When you receive money to your personal account, you can:

Accept the money to transfer to linked bank account, to eligible debit card, request a check for $1.50 fee to be deducted from withdraw amount, OR keep it in PayPal by setting up a Balance Account by verifying your identity (name, address, DOB and Tax ID number) to hold and use the money as a balance in your Balance Account for purchases or to send personal transactions to friends and family members. A Balance Account is separate account from your personal account. If you open a Balance Account, it will be linked to your personal account.

Note: For some purchases, a card is required as back up to paying with a balance, or for verification of billing address to complete checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.