Cant refund (both buyer and seller)

malcolmmillan
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to request a refund for a pament sent and its stuck on pending for what seems to be the next 5 days the seller is unable to refund and i am unable to cancel and since its F&F this payment has a 0.000001% chance of paypal even refunding i know the guy im sending it too and i NEED this transaction done and to clear any comments of go to activity and refund there is NO refund link or option he sent a ss and there is also no option on his end is there anyway to fix this i REALLY need this payment to be refunded

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malcolmmillan 

Is it pending on your paypal account? the recipients paypal account OR both accounts?

If its both accounts and it was a friends/family payment then it sounds like an echeque which takes 5-7 days to clear but there is normally an approx clearance date on one of the accounts.

This is because if you use a bank account to fund a payment paypal will credit a seller in advance to not delay the despatch of an item and paypal take the wait for the transfer. However if its a friends/family payment you have to take the wait as that payment type is free. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.