Buyer refunded me,??

sharonbetty
Contributor
Contributor
I have a buyer a partial refund and that payment has been returned to me which they don't understand and neither do I! Can someone advise please
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @sharonbetty

Welcome back to the Community! 

I understand that you recently issued a partial refund to one of your buyers, which was returned to you. I apologize for the confusion this has caused, as it's certainly an odd situation. I can think of two possible scenarios. The first would be that the partial refund was issued as an eCheck to the buyer. If this was the case and the bank notified us that the eCheck didn't complete successfully, we wouldn't have been able to credit the buyer. 

The next scenario that comes to mind is that if you received a separate payment from the buyer, they might have accidentally sent the payment back to you when trying to withdraw it. If neither of these situations fits what happened, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support. They'll be able to investigate the refund to see what happened. You can review the different options to contact Customer Support on our website, PayPal.com, by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of the page.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.