Automatic payments : charged for something I've never given my consent.

Pinchos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, got charged today by Avira for 34€ for something that I have never wanted neither have I ever given my consent for automatically being charged.

While going through Paypal to understand wtf happened, I discover that there are around 15 suppliers for whom an automatic debiting, basically 90% of suppliers from whom I buy very frequently stuff (no subscription or licences but products). While I do most of my purchases on my phone, I've never seen a single request from the system asking me if I do agree to be automatically charged...

So, today I dicover that Avira charges me for a an Antivirus that I do not even use anymore. I've never been informed that such debiting will take place. It just took place.

Asking Paypal for a cancellation/refund -> no cancellation/refund possible.

What is this stupidity. Where is the common sense?

Any suggestion (besides the 'delete your paypal account' which will probably happen)?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pinchos 

Of course paypal will pay any subscriptions you have in your paypal account for you.

So to cancel any subscription you need to contact the merchant.

Then cancel here >>>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.