"SHONKY" On-line Sellers using PAYPAL Accreditation [and our TRUST therein] to lure consumers ...

brianlg1951
Contributor
Contributor

[PAYPAL] ... "Do you have any suggestions to IMPROVE our system/service ?"

MY response [below]

YES ! Make IN-DEPTH Security Scans of these types of operators [and their frequently unethical business practices] BEFORE giving them PAYPAL Accreditation !!!
We consumers and long-term Paypal users rely heavily on PAYPAL accreditation of any new sites BEFORE we make our decision to purchase product from on-line companies we have not purchased from before.

In fact [after numerous financially costly loss incidents with un-accredited suppliers] over the past 18+ years of my Paypal Membership ... I NOW will NOT deal with overseas suppliers that DO NOT HAVE Paypal Accreditation.

I have another pending "SHONKY" [almost FRAUDULENT] Case which I am still investigating overseas from a CN supplier.
This PAYPAL Accredited supplier was paid almost $60 USD for 2 mini digital colour printing devices and 2 spare permanent ink colour cartridges.
When the awaited shipment was ultimately received it contained 3 Self-inking RUBBER STAMPS [maybe valued at $2-3 USD] ???
As I already had 1 Case in the system I have "held off" on this one .. BUT will be proceeding in the near future !!!

I have however been in contact with the MANUFACTURER of the item who has stated that they only SELL DIRECT [to their customers ... and NOT through any third party.

They are fed up with SHONKY OPERATORS stealing both their potential customers AND their Intellectual Property/Patent rights. They have further requested any such BREACHES be reported back to them for legal actioning.

These ongoing practices from certain unscrupulous operators/suppliers is DEMEANING the NAME and REPUTATION of PAYPAL on many levels AND must NOT be allowed to continue !!!

Any comments ????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brianlg1951 

"PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorised to do so."

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AU#disclaimer-warranty

Do research on merchant/site before buying or better yet, stick to merchants you know are reputable and deliver as described.

It is impossible for PayPal to micro manage each merchant or know ahead of time that the micro mini printers are really self-inking stamps. lol Wow, what a comparison that was. It is important that users report these sellers, outside of just disputing or reporting it to the manufacturers so they can put pressure on PayPal for breaches of trademark by users.

You can report these users from this page: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_AU

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.