Eric [removed]/Rippaverse

jjoyner

I've been a PayPal customer since 2006 and made two payments to Eric [removed] for the Rippaverse. I heard he has not received any of the payments that customers have sent through PayPal. I demand that MY money be released to Eric [removed] immediately so I can receive the products I purchased. 

I am disappointed that PayPal finds it amusing to restrict the operations of a successful African-American entrepreneur in his efforts to establish a black-owned, small business that delivers high-quality content and product to consumers, both domestically and internationally. 

If this is not resolved by Friday, I will cease using PayPal and will ensure that others know not to trust this "Service" with their hard-earned money, especially Black-owned small businesses.

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

Jokerthefool
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal won't release the money they have for Rippaverse pre orders. I sent the money to him not Paypal. So the money isn't for Paypal's to hold onto

Thanks for all responses guys. Keep complaining and don't use Paypal even after they release the money.

Login to Me Too

dusk2k3
New Community Member

Same for me.  I made a purchase through Rippaverse, knowing it was a pre-ordered product.  Please process my payment as you would any other payment and provide the seller access to the funds I paid for the product.  

How do we actually lodge a complaint with Paypal?  Their website does not provide an appropriate mechanism for this.

Login to Me Too

Ric9mm

Paypal needs to release the money now or I will file a fraud complaint with the FTC and CFBP immediately.  Stop stealing my money. I want the product I paid for.

Login to Me Too

Cassius1944
New Community Member

PayPal needs to release the funds or they run the risk of being liable for theft, wire fraud, and the tort of conversion, at a minimum. We’re talking class action level damages if they fail to comply.

Login to Me Too

Baresark
New Community Member

I want to lodge a formal complaint against PayPal. I used PayPal for this transaction and used my saved Discover card. I used it for this transaction to PreOrder an item I have been waiting for. I paid my Credit Card, you have the money, and PayPal is not paying the business I am doing business with. I did not pay Paypal, Paypal is the payment processor for Rippaverse Comics. You need to release at least the 43.50 that I used Paypal to process the payment for the product. I'm aware it's a preorder item, you pay out any other preorder I use Paypal for, you need to do the same here. Your policy cannot legally be that you get to hold money between me and the seller based on a set of capricious arbitrary rules that you level unevenly between different businesses.

Login to Me Too

deanGERMAN
New Community Member

I sent my money to Rippaverse for a preorder comic. Release the funds to the seller.

Paypal is committing theft of my funds.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220724B
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal, you have frozen my money that was meant to go to Rippaverse and Eric D. [removed]. This is unacceptable unfreeze the money now!

Login to Me Too

TyronD
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal won’t steal from you as we have a lengthy bank balance our selves. I need to spend other members cash
Login to Me Too

Batwing53

Why does PayPal have the money I used to pre order a product from Rippaverse. I order the product knowing that it's a pre order. PayPal is stealing my money and not giving it to the company I bought from.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.