Direct debit paypal payment.

GBS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've been checking over my bank account after the Christmas and noticed there are 7 direct debit payments labelled pay pal payment taken from my account from 21st November until 20 December.

I know that if you have insufficeient funds in your pay pal they take it from your bank account but there is no wayi have spent this much.

I am unable to see further information on these transactions and just wondered if anyone can help?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kimmy1

I actually called Paypal costomer service and lady on the phone expalined that clearly. It was "not exactly" monthly direct debit. It wont happen unless you purchase something and pay by Paypal. However, I dont know why, Online Banking show it as "Monthly" payment, which made me confused. Anyway, if you have any problem, call customer service is the best and quick option! Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

rlow6081
New Community Member
Hi I'm new to eBay and just sold my first item When you going to view receivement of payment I received an email to say I had to confirm my email address when going through the process at the end it said I had set up a direct debit I just want to make sure That no money will come out on a monthly basis
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Fatima

Hi rlow6081,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum.

No worries, we are not going to charge any monthly fees.

Hope that helps

Fatima

Login to Me Too

Titta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have just noticed on my bank account DD list that there is a half yearly direct debit set up to pay pal for £5.00 that i never set up, can you please explain how this has happened and wht it is for?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Titta,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

To confirm your bank account, we need to set up a direct debit instruction with your bank. Please understand however that this is not a recurring payment. Sometimes banks will show an amount with the direct debit but this is usually just the last amount that charged. The nature of a direct debit means that the amount taken will be variable and this is based on the amount you are spending on your account.

To send money through PayPal using your bank account we need to be able to collect money directly from your bank account. By setting up a direct debit instruction we have your authorisation to do this.

I hope this makes sense.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.