Connecting my UPS to Paypal

CbsSheb
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a Paypal account for years and was never able to use my UPS account.  I have a UPS account number.  For some reason when I try to use it through Paypal it comes up saying my contact information is different than what is on file for UPS.  I have checked both accounts and have no idea what Paypal is referring too.  My address is exactly the same in both places and I don't know what else to look for.  It is very inconvenient because instead of going through paypal to print my labels I have to go to UPS directly.  Can someone help me figure this out once and for all.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

jtmoon79
Contributor
Contributor

I too am unable to link a UPS account to my Paypal account.

I signed up for a UPS account online today.

Following the instructions from paypal help ("How do I register for PayPal shipping with UPS") connecting to UPS shipping works fine until

after the "Do you agree to these terms" screen.  After the "Do you agree to these terms" screen I get an error "This User ID already exists.You have entered an invalid value."  And am back at the enter UPS information screen.

I've tried about 10 different permutations of information. 

When address information is wrong (paypal info doesn't match UPS info) then I get an error BEFORE the "Do you agree to these terms" screen.

When account information is wrong (UPS account is wrong) then I get an error BEFORE the "Do you agree to these terms" screen.

There appears to be something wrong on the back-end of paypal <-> UPS account synchronization.

Login to Me Too

pj3641
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this problem also.  First I have shipped UPS in a long time and did not even know I had an account since I always took my package to Staples UPS counter.  I signed up for a new UPS account.  Got the message does not match paypal.  Looks exactly the same to me...no abbreviations, deviations, et.  I went into paypal profile and deleted the UPS account they showed for me. (First I tried to get into that on ups and they did not recognize it as valid).  I then entered the new UPS info in paypal profile.  Still does not work.  Get error message same as detailed above.

Guess I will take this package to Staples and hope that when I have another UPS shipment, this system works.  I have spent 2 frustrating hours going in circles with e-bay\paypal\ups!!!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?WSDGR!Q#rftjiaOIP

gUES IT  does not help to take it out on the keyboard!

Login to Me Too

scottwmp
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having this problem.

Has anyone had success setting it up?

Fry?

Fry?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

We were having issues recently with connection to UPS and this has been resolved.  If you were experiencing issues prior to a few days ago, or if you are still experiencing issues, it would not be related to that issue. I would recommend the following: 

Depending on which Profile View you have on your account, one of these sets of instructions will match what you see.

1. First, log in to your PayPal account and go to Profile > Selling Preferences > Shipping Preferences and then click "Remove UPS information". Review "Remove UPS Account Information" and click "Remove."
  2. Then click "Add new or existing UPS account information" and select "I do not have a UPS Shipping Account" under "Choose Account Type".
  3. Enter your information, click "Continue", confirm information, click "Continue", review and agree to the UPS Shipping Agreement, and "Save".

Or

1. Log in to your PayPal account and go to Profile > My selling tools
  2. Click "Update" next to "Shipping preferences."
  3. Follow the instructions to remove your expired UPS account and create a new one.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

FAIL!

It continues to not work for me, the same way it has not worked FOR OVER THREE MONTHS NOW!!!!!!!

Once more into the breech, Olivia! Once more!

At this point, I actually have no confidence that it will ever work, but I fully intend to continue to publicly hold PayPal's collective feet to the fire about it.

Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

Bueller?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

When you remove the UPS account, don't replace it with the same account information. Create a new account.

If your profile view matches the first set of instructions, those steps should resolve the issue. If your profile view matches the second set of instructions, add the following steps at the end of what I have listed there:

3. Click "Remove UPS Information", review "Remove UPS Account Information", and click "Remove".

4. Click "Add new or existing UPS account information" and select "I do not have a UPS Shipping Account" under "Choose Account Type".

5. Enter your information, click "Continue", confirm information, click "Continue" review and agree to the UPS shipping agreement, and "Save".

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

Damnit, I have been doing EXACTLY that for four months now.

It.

Doesn't.

Work.

You want screenshots?

Here's where we start.

http://www.kfu.com/~nsayer/paypal1.png

I click on 'add new or existing UPS account information'

http://www.kfu.com/~nsayer/paypal2.png

I fill in the phone number, leaving the rest of it as-is because it's correct. Down at the bottom (not pictured), I click on continue.

http://www.kfu.com/~nsayer/paypal3.png

The details are STILL correct, so I click continue AGAIN.

http://www.kfu.com/~nsayer/paypal4.png

Scroll to the bottom, click Agree

http://www.kfu.com/~nsayer/paypal5.png

And that is what greets me. It has done so for as long as I can remember.

So, Olivia, what part of the procedure am I getting wrong?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

nsayer,

Thanks for providing me with that information and the screenshots, they're really helpful. I've done some more research and found that there is a known issue where what you describe is affecting a small number of accountholders, even after they have followed the instructions I've given. I'm adding your information to what we have so far. It's being worked on right now.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

nsayer,

Thanks for providing me with that information and the screenshots, they're really helpful. I've done some more research and found that there is a known issue

Gee, you THINK?!?!?!!?!??!??!?!!

As I've said in another posting, I'll bet you $100 that you can't fix it by March.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.