Connecting my UPS to Paypal

CbsSheb
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a Paypal account for years and was never able to use my UPS account.  I have a UPS account number.  For some reason when I try to use it through Paypal it comes up saying my contact information is different than what is on file for UPS.  I have checked both accounts and have no idea what Paypal is referring too.  My address is exactly the same in both places and I don't know what else to look for.  It is very inconvenient because instead of going through paypal to print my labels I have to go to UPS directly.  Can someone help me figure this out once and for all.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

nosferatu

1) Login to PayPal.com

2) Click "My Account"
3) Click "Profile" > "More Options" > "My selling tools" > "Shipping my items" > "Shipping Preferences" > "Update"
4) Under "PayPal Shipping Information" you should see "Address Information" click "Edit Address"
5) Add your own phone number here (ex: 555-555-5555) and click "Continue"
Now try adding your UPS account again and use the same phone number you previously added in step #5.

This worked for me, I hope it helps!
Login to Me Too

adambriz
New Community Member

After hours of utter frustration, adding my phone number into my profile (even though it says its optional) finally fixed this ridiculous problem of "user name already exists"  

It should NOT be this difficult to set up shipping between two powerhouse companies (paypal and UPS).  If you guys can't iron out these minor details that cause MAJOR frustration, then you should just not even offer the shipping service.

Login to Me Too

kwestro
New Community Member

Thank you! It worked!..... Such a hassle for a small tweak

Login to Me Too

seventytwos
Contributor
Contributor

Adding the phone number to Paypal UPS shipping address worked! My account -> profile -> Shipping prefrences -> Ship From address -> Add phone number

Login to Me Too

agr5022
New Community Member

xforlife is right.  My issue was with the phone number as well.  It really is about taking the time to go through both accounts and MAKING SURE all info is the same. Practice patience.

Login to Me Too

Tread-Lightly
New Community Member

This is exactly what is happening to our account.  It is so frustrating!  Did you ever find a solution to this?

Login to Me Too

averel
New Community Member

I'm glad to see some other folks had trouble with this connection as well.

SOLUTION: Delete your UPS account from PAYPAL and then add it back in. It will delay your pricing for 4-6 days on shipping but it seems like everything ends up working out (connecting to UPS, ect.). Thanks for sharing!

Login to Me Too

SoCalFan
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same problem.  I finally got through to UPS at this number (1-800-477-7080) and they fixed my UPS account, which had been closed due to inactivity.  You can't tell it's closed by logging into the website, as everything looks fine and matches.  Then I called PayPal and they told me to delete the UPS account, then add it back on.  It took over 24 hours for the changes to take effect.  So today I could finally print a label using my UPS account, but now PayPal is having a problem with labels and they come out blank! (see other thread here). Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

And I've now tried having UPS delete all of the accounts we could find at my address (there were ELEVEN of them), waiting 24 hours and starting over from scratch.

Same failure.

PayPal: THIS IS BROKEN UTTERLY!

F I X   I T !!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

Still broken.

Bueller?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.