Connecting my UPS to Paypal

CbsSheb
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a Paypal account for years and was never able to use my UPS account.  I have a UPS account number.  For some reason when I try to use it through Paypal it comes up saying my contact information is different than what is on file for UPS.  I have checked both accounts and have no idea what Paypal is referring too.  My address is exactly the same in both places and I don't know what else to look for.  It is very inconvenient because instead of going through paypal to print my labels I have to go to UPS directly.  Can someone help me figure this out once and for all.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

dayze
New Community Member

Try contacting UPS by phone, maybe a representative will be able to help you - UPS Phone Number. Also check to see that your address is exactly the same on both sites, if you abbreviated part of your address on one make sure it is the same on the other- good luck!

Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

I have this same problem too. For years, everything was working fine, but the last few times it's failed with this message. I went into profile, shipping, and then tried to remove my UPS information and re-sign-up, but now it just says, "This User ID already exists.PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

What stupidity.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi nsayer,

After removing your UPS account, go back in and select I have an existing UPS Shipping Account and add in  your UPS account number. This should allow your to print UPS labels if all of the information is correct in the UPS account.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

This is an absolute failure.

I have called PayPal support, and I have called UPS support. They both point the finger at each other, and nothing has changed.

Looks like I will have to ship with FedEx Ground.

Login to Me Too

spqrusa

Same here!

Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

So.... This is still broken.

Will it ever be fixed?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi nsayer,

I would suggest double-checking your address information on PayPal and in your UPS account. If the difference is as much as spelling street versus abbreviating it, or if there are trailing spaces that need to be deleted, this may cause a discrepancy in the address information. I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

nsayer
Contributor
Contributor

I got a call back from someone at Paypal saying that they had found and fixed a problem, but it still fails completely and utterly.

We conference-called UPS and they found no fewer than 11 accounts for me. They called me back and gave me all of the account numbers, and for each one I attempted to add it as an existing UPS account to PayPal.

Every single time I got the now all too familiar error "This User ID already exists.PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

FAIL!

Login to Me Too

x_forsale_x
New Community Member

Ok everyone, I got it.

"user ID already exsists"

it has to dur with the info being exactly the same on both accounts. Check that you have your phone # on your profile thru paypal....(when u sign up you dont need it) ( UPS you do!)

even tho when you try to link you may manually input it still wont work!!!! it has to show up exactly the way UPS has it.

Good Luck!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.