Can't ship via UPS due to wrong contact info.

tumper93
New Community Member

I have always used UPS through paypal to ship with but today when I tryed to ship it said the contact info I had entered didn't match what was on file at UPS.  I went to the hyperlink for UPS and checked and the info is the same.  How do I solve this problem, I need to ship an item ASAP.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

tavorgene
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen trying to print a shipping label with PayPal. They said the address was wrong , but the address they wanted me to use was identical to the one I was trying to send it to. Well , I called PayPal  & it  was blah blah blah. They did not know what to tell me  they understood my frustration & try again later. i. It is a colossal waste of time..

I do not know what to tell you about your issue.  I cannot get an answer . Good Luck  !!!!!

Login to Me Too

robpalo
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, ended up deleting my UPS account completely and creating a new one. Ended up what the problem was that PAYPAL see a space after the street, city or zip code as a siginificant digit.

Check to see if you have spaces after your city or street or name and that could be it.

I then gave up entirely on UPS in the end.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Why are all of you trying to ship with the wrong address?

Has it occurred to you that UPS is right and the address is faked?  Perhaps indicative of a SCAM?

Contact ebay and get them to check the buyers out.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-false.html

Login to Me Too

reddragon
Contributor
Contributor

Quit using PayPal "shipping" and create an account at UPS or FEDEX as you choose, and print your labels from their website.  Your payment will come from your CC when the item is actually shipped, not before.  And you will likely get a better rate than PP gives you.

Login to Me Too

robpalo
Contributor
Contributor

And you have NEVER had a "confirmed" address that the USPS rejects?

It happens all the time.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, I have had that.

However, since I have read the rules, I know that theres a way to fix that - you cll the customer and get them to fix the problem.

Login to Me Too

nixity
Contributor
Contributor

For the time being couldn't you just pay for the postage with your account on UPS website?

If you need it ASAP, that is..

Login to Me Too

jabajet
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem...

Login to Me Too

willahlborn
New Community Member

Identical problem here.  Can't we ask customer service to look in on this thread?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.