"Net amount: -20.98 USD"???

BGandolf328
Contributor
Contributor

Please excuse me if this is a bit ridiculous, but I am new to PayPal and just made my first transaction. I've got a question because I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if I'm just confused.

I purchased a CD from a website. I received the invoice, and sent the $20.98 as requested from the merchant. All's fine and well, but then I see my net balance is -20.98 USD. Do I need to add money to my Paypal account before I can make transactions and send money? I thought the money simply came out of my bank account because I supplied the details on my bank card.

Could someone clear this up for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch everyone, I'm still trying to learn!

Brian

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Is your bank account linked to your paypal account?  Have you gone through the verification process?

I'm thinking that this is just an interim balance while the paperwork goes through the system.

Login to Me Too

BGandolf328
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have linked them. When I signed up for PayPal, I gave them my card information and bank account information, so I would think they would take the money right out of my account. I was told the verification process was successful, so all should be fine and well.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It may just be a delay in the system - Paypal's been having a lot of glitches lately, slowed everything down.

Wait a few days and see if the problem corrects itself.

Login to Me Too

BGandolf328
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Balance has gone back to $0.00 USD, so it looks as if you were right; perhaps the system was just a bit slow. Looks fine now though. Thanks a lot for your help, it's genuinely appreciated!

Brian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.