Transfer funds from on PayPal account to another PayPal account

tlc1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I started selling on E-bay recently.  I had a previous PayPal account for my business and I accidentally started another when signing up with E-bay.  Since I can't use the same bank account for two PayPal accounts, can I transfer funds from my newer PayPal account to my older one so I can send the funds to my bank account?

Thank you,

TC

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Short of opening a new bank account specifically for this new account, there are a few ways this can be done.  All of them will involve a little bit of work.

First, I wouldn't recommend using Send Money to the old account on a permanent basis.  To avoid fees, you'd have to send it as a Personal Payment, and it's always best to keep the funds you receive in the same account and withdraw from there. 

You could remove the bank from your old account and place it on the new one, especially if you're no longer using the old business account. 

You could also do this on a temporary basis, then amend your listings (or even amend your listings now, if they're still editable) to have the funds sent to your old account. 

In the long run, though,  you'll want to decide which account to keep, or you'll have to keep using these workarounds.  In either event, what you want to do, can be done - and that's the beauty of PayPal.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.