My Seller has not picked up my payment in over a week!

maggiemaewest
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a second chance offer from an ebay seller.  He has low feedback (14) with 100% positive feedback (as a buyer) and has been a member for seven years.  I accepted the second chance offer.  Completed a bank funded payment asap (It was through my bank account with more than sufficient funds-and not an echeck), and it has been sitting in limbo for eight days.  All it says is that my "paymenet is being processed through paypal" and "seller has not picked up payment."  It also shows that...gasp...my seller is not a registered paypal member, but he only lists paypal as his accepted form of payment.  None of this makes sense, and I'm very close to cancelling my payment to him.  It seems so fishy.  I contacted him, but he never responded.  Did he die?  What happened?  If anybody has been in this situation before or knows what the heck is happening here, please tell me.  Thanks everyone. 

-your confuddled buyer, Maggie

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, I'd have to agree with that sentiment, but it happens a lot around here.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Cancel the transaction.

This sounds like a newbie seller that might not have been able to set up a paypal account because they didn't have a bank account. (we get a few of those a week right now in here)

Make sure your money is safe first, then wait for the seller to contact you.

Login to Me Too

maggiemaewest
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I did cancel the transaction.  I still hadn't heard anything.  It's been 9 days.  I sent him an email saying that I cancelled the payment.  Who knows.  Seems to me that if you can't figure out how to register with paypal you probably shouldn't be allowed to post any auctions. 

Thanks for your help SSDude.  🙂

-Maggie

Login to Me Too
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, I'd have to agree with that sentiment, but it happens a lot around here.

Login to Me Too

ChefGLW
New Community Member

Im one of those ones you are talking about.  But I can't get anyone to show me why I can't get it out of pending.  and into my account.  bank account has been confirmed, email confirmed and now just waiting

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.