Can't pay for Ebay item.

slayerxD

I'm trying to pay for an item I won but when I try to pay I get, " Please add a bank account to your PayPal account to complete this purchase. For further assistance, follow the steps listed in the PayPal Help Center." 

What gives? I thought I could pay with my credit card? I have a credit card on my account but apparently I can't pay with it?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Dgross
New Community Member

I have bought on ebay before and used my cc that is on file, but today I can't passed the  "Add a Bank Account"  What is up with this.

I want the seller to get her money asap.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

I don't know if this is still an issue, but it's one of two things that I can think of.  Either you've reached your account sending limit and you need to add a bank to lift your limit (you can click on the 'View Limits' link in your account to see where you are on that) or our security model is blocking use of your credit card leaving the only other option to add a bank.  I'm leaning more towards the former because if our security model was blocking it the message would usually be "Add another credit card" or something along those lines.

If you have any other questions you can certainly give our customer service a call and they'll be more than happy to look things over for you.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Purple-haze87
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, i checked my limit it shows that i still am far from my limit...

Login to Me Too

sen
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what happened a couple of months ago as far as I can see. I won't even go into how much credit I have available or that I've been using the same ebay, paypal, bank and cc's the whole time. Last time I got a non paying bidder and it took forever to fix it but during that time paypal had no problem taking out their percentage of every single sale that came through for me.

So fast foward a few months...maintanence this week, people with all kinds of acct can't pay for ebay items...old new, bank acct, cc, paypal funds and yet I am still seeing the same kind of goole threads out there with eople saying paypal and ebay say there is NO problem. I am the most patient person in the world but I have yet another seller freaking out because I'm telling him payments are going through don't panic but he

s getting word from paypal there is NO KNOWN PROBLEM and the buyer must have an account problem. Are you kidding me??? I can't imagine being a new buyer or seller when this happens its downright scary! Then you have people telling buyers to just use the SEND MONEY button in paypal when you surely know that as buyers and sellers WE HAVE NO ACCESS TO PAYPAL ADDRESSES OR EMAIL ADDRESSES. Ebay worries about people going around paying fees so as consumers they make sure we don't have access to that so HOW is one supposed to send money to an email or name that they cannot find out? Then you try and send it EBAy redacts it from the message which I totally understand but Guys wouldn't it just be easier to put an announcement up there is a problems so buyers and sellers know this????? 

It would be nice if I could say to my seller...here is the link to the announcement God bless paypal they are trying to fix it.  But no I have to convince him I AM trying to actualy pay him. 

I got all the same answers last time...check your limit, your bank account, your funding source, your computer, your password.....well I knew bettwe because I crashed a computer trying to change a bunch of paypal ebay stuff thinking it was me....lesson learned. Of course now I know

send your seller a message (a link of other having same problem off google)

turn off your computer

try again later

if after 4 hours its not going through it probably won't that day wait

next morning wake up, ttry again...

same process every 4 hours

for how ever many days

Eventually the problem that nobody would admit was there suddenly disappears and your payment just goes through.

I am not saying thats what people should do I am sayings...this is the same old payment processing song...different verse...and people who don't know better will believe it is them when its not and mess up their credit cards, bank accounts, paypal and ebay accounts trying to fix a problem that POSSIBLY may not be there problem at all.

So when do you think this wil be fixed I have 3 nieces in neonatal unit and would like to know if I buy for them I am going to be able to pay though the same people I used for 10 years paypal  Please don't make go to moneybookers I already told one ebayer I'm not doing it becausse at least I know what not to expect of paypal...Kinda like a bad marriage you know you should get out but its just too expensive and time consuming to do it.

All with respect guys we are all just frustrated when is this going to be fixed. I already told my hubby that $15,000 boat he is looking at is out until paypal is back on track.

thanks

Login to Me Too

sen
Contributor
Contributor

any news on when the processing payments is going to be fixed..I have a threat of midnight then I'm getting a strike against for non-payment because of problem with paypal processing paymentss system. I hope its fixed we don't all have to deal with this for a week again.

could you please checks and see if there is someone way that a something can be posted so buyers weren't be hit with undeserved strikes against them?  Pretty Please

Login to Me Too

pegasus425
New Community Member

Had exact same problem all day today.

Eventually tried using Internet Explorer Browser (was using Firefox) and it all worked fine. Was a browser issue in my case. Recent updates automatically applied to Firefox also.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.