Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds

abdi
New Community Member

Hello there ..

My account is verified, however my clients get the following error when they try to send me funds.

"Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds."

Any body advice me on how to resolve this issue ...

Thanks alot.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

PayPal_lucy

Hey there abdi,

There is a section where you can choose your receiving preferences.

Here’s how to set your payment receiving preferences:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Payment Receiving Preferences’ under ‘Selling Preferences.’ (Don't see this step? Follow the instructions below.)
  4. Select your preference next to each of the options and click ‘Save.’

Or

2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My Selling Tools.'
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'Block payments' in the 'Getting paid and managing my risk' section.

Make sure you’re all set up to receive payments. Also if the funds you are trying to receive are in a difference currency, you may need to add on that currency to your PayPal account in order to receive them.

Here's how to accept money in a new currency:

2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Currency Balances' under 'Financial Information.' (Don't see this step? Follow the instructions below.)
  4. Select the currency you want to add.
  5. Click 'Add Currency.'

Or

2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My money.'
  4. Click 'Currencies' beside 'PayPal balance.'
  5. Select the currency you want to add.
  6. Click 'Add Currency.'
Login to Me Too

fdes
New Community Member

Hi,

I am also having the same issue and following your advise does not solve the problem.  I decided to delete my account and recreated it with the same email as I can't change the paypal email account given to other sites where I am connected.

I hope you can give more suggestion regarding this issue..Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

UltiGeek
New Community Member

API ???

can this help me to get paid ??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi UltiGeek, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum Smiley Happy

To receive funds all you need is a PayPal account with a confirmed email address.

Your email address is the only thing somebody needs to send you money. As soon as the payment has been credited to your PayPal account, we will notify you by email. You may then withdraw the funds to your bank account straight away or keep the money in your PayPal account for future online transactions.

All your transactions are stored in your account History, so you can keep track of them.
I hope this helps and thanks for your post 
Paula 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Fdes,

Have you tried contacting Customer Services in order for us to investigate the issue further for you? If you have followed all of the steps that Lucy has advised previously, this should resolve the issue for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

stefhart
New Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem, my client can't send me fund, he is receiving the same message: Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds.

I Clicked ‘Payment Receiving Preferences’ under ‘Selling Preferences.’ as told above.

I didn't see this step and I followed the other instructions.

I Clicked 'My Selling Tools' to see 'Update' beside 'Block payments' in the 'Getting paid and managing my risk' section.

The only thing I got on this page was: Selling online API access Manage API credentials to integrate my PayPal account with my online store or shopping cart - update

And there is no other option on that page! As if I couldn't receive funds at all!

So I sent an email to PayPal, hoping to have the reply soon... hope I won't have to cancel my account too!

Login to Me Too

farzkhan
Contributor
Contributor

who has been able to solve the problem?  

"Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds."

plzz help.tks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there farzkhan,

What country is your account registered to? In some countries, our customers can’t receive money in their PayPal accounts.

To check, go to the PayPal website, click ‘Worldwide’ at the bottom of the page, then click ‘190 countries.’

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

farzkhan
Contributor
Contributor

ya my country cannot receive money but whats the alternative. im a new seller on ebay and i need to receive paymennts!plz help.tks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.