Sent money F & F but pending their end

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Recently sent money to a friend using friends and family, it's gone through my end but they're having problems sending the money to their bank account.  They've been told because of the amount it has been flagged as 'suspicious', it's £350 jeez, less than a week's rent in some areas.  They were 1st told it'd be in their bank a/c in 24 hours, now they're being told Monday morning.  The whole point of me sending via Paypal was because it's supposed to be instant.

Is there any way of getting this speeded up?  I know it's only a couple of days but they've already moved the goalposts once so nothing stops them doing that again.  Also the money is for a sale item that might not be available on Monday.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

I've no problem with them making money through interest, it's when they blatantly lie I have the issue.  People like you defend it without informing others of these practices.  It's lieing, deceitful and downright immoral when they're not up upfront about it.  The whole point of instant is to be instant!

Please explain what security checks they'll be doing over the next 72 hours.  They won't be contacting me for sure.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

Don't be daft, they clearly state it is INSTANTLY transfered from one account to another.

In fact when you pay a seller from your bank account paypal CREDIT the seller for you and paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account. That is why we have buyers on here concerned their items are on the way but funds not left their bank account yet.

BUT occasionally you get a random security hold when you withdraw (although most withdrawals hit your bank account in 2 hours), you have got one of those because it was a higher payment that normal presumably.

A perfectly sensible precaution to everyone else............but you.

Paypals policies in some respects leave a lot to be desired and their customer services reps and service severely lacking BUT in this instant i will defend them as its perfect common sense.

I had a large payment once and they did the same to me..........no problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

Which part of friends and family do you not understand?  Nothing to do with business transactions.  Try reading and comprehension.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

Err who are you talking to ?? Me or the poster that asked the question?

I think you are getting a bit confused.

I am perfectly well aware what f/f payments are for.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

You as you mentioned 'seller'' which is totally irrelevant.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

I was giving you an example of when paypal actually make your payment instant when it wasn't actually to help you out.

If you couldn't work that out in your lil brain then i can understand your problem with a simple gift payment withdrawal.

Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

I've looked back through the comments and don't see questions from others, just statements or opinions, no questions.  Please stop making things up.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

Yep statements can be responded to as well !!

Sorry but you are so daft, i have just shown your posts to my mates that have just arrived, they can't stop laughing.

OK going leave you to your own silly self and enjoy myself.

Hope your mate gets the money real soon as its obviously badly needed.

Have fun    Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

As they say, birds of a feather flock together.  Hope you don't have a meaningless night.

Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal friends?  lol

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.