Sent money F & F but pending their end

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Recently sent money to a friend using friends and family, it's gone through my end but they're having problems sending the money to their bank account.  They've been told because of the amount it has been flagged as 'suspicious', it's £350 jeez, less than a week's rent in some areas.  They were 1st told it'd be in their bank a/c in 24 hours, now they're being told Monday morning.  The whole point of me sending via Paypal was because it's supposed to be instant.

Is there any way of getting this speeded up?  I know it's only a couple of days but they've already moved the goalposts once so nothing stops them doing that again.  Also the money is for a sale item that might not be available on Monday.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

tIf money is to be withheld then they are supposed to informhe recipient, they failed to do so.

Would you like to provide the official link where they say they will inform you before they hold a payment?

They have already done so in the user agreement, the part you just failed to read and which YOU posted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I can't provide an official link, I was going by your 1st response so apologies for that.

Here's what you put which obviously confused me

"Normally 2-24 unless the person withdrawing the funds gets an email to say its going to be a random security check and then its released dead on 72 hours."

Maybe now you can understand why I asked for a link which you still refuse to send.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

Yes they normally do send an email, not my fault that either the person that had the held funds DID NOT get one this time OR it went into their spam folder OR was accidentally deleted.

I did not say there was an official link stating that they sent an email, I said that they held the funds for 2-72 hours BUT its normally 2-24 UNLESS you get an email to say that it is going to be 72 hours.

That is the NORM as i have received those emails myself.

And then i posted more information from their help pages stating the same thing.

Including the info in the user agreement stating they have the right to hold the payments etc etc.

Most folks would just say ta for the help.

You chose to be rude and insulting to someone giving up their time to try and help you and DEMANDING official links when the info i gave you should be more than enough............it always has been for every other one that i have given the info to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable, I'm rude?

You're the one who stated you're wasting your time, how rude is that?  Everything else followed that response.  I initially asked for a link and would be understanding if you said no.  Instead you sent a copy and paste which proves nothing without a valid link.  Was I really wrong to ask you to back up your words?  Wouldn't I be wrong just to take the words of a stranger as fact?  I really didn't ask a lot from someone who clearly spends a lot of time replying to posts with relative little kudos.

You've done nothing but backtrack on your initial irrelevant or misinformed response, you've even asked me to give you links to strengthen your case, your response being so weak.

There's only one rude person here.  Thank you again for your time, my time has clearly been wasted.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

I gave you a polite reply until you became demanding and stating you wanted official links.

If you want everything to be ''official'' then contact CUSTOMER SERVICES.

This is a ''user to user'' help forum and i have helped on here for years and my kudos AND solutions are considerable, but that is irrelavant as most users don't bother to leave kudos they just read a reply that helps and move on, not a problem.

The forum is for ''general advice one to another'' so when folks start DEMANDING official links then my comment would be you have had advice take it or leave it and if you want links go find them yourself.

But for you to insult me when you have never helped ONE SINGLE PERSON on this forum is pretty audacious.

When you have saved just ONE little person from being scammed on here then you may ''just may'' have the right to comment.

Until then i will treat you and your ridiculous ''official links'' with the contempt they deserve and move on to nicer folks.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

49k+ posts because PayPal are so wonderful lol

Is there anyone who can humour me or at least try to answer my concerns?  It really does appear I've been trolled.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

I DO NOT state paypal are wonderful, would you like to point me to one of your official links where it says that i do state this??

I am here to help the ''users'' of paypal and do not represent paypal in any way shape or form.

In fact if you bother to read some of my posts, i have advised against using paypal and have stated many times when they are in the wrong.

But then when you don't like advice the ''oh i am being trolled and do you work or love paypal'' pathetic excuses come along.

You have had your advice, take it or leave it and don't hurry back because i for one will not be bothering with you in the future.

What a fuss over waiting a few days for your money Smiley Surprised which you probably would not have earnt in the first place if you had not had paypal to use  Smiley Very Happy

Goodbye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

If only you sent an official link as requested, hardly a demand.  Your copy and paste could've came from anywhere.

My biggest grief is PayPal's attitude.  Without their wrongdoing I wouldn't be here.  Do you understand empathy?

Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

How glad I will be you won't be in my threads in future.  All you've done is quoted 'roolz' you've refused to allow me to see officially.

All this fuss you say, it's supposed to be instant, the whole point of sending.  Time was of the essence but as it stands he might as well have travelled here to collect the money.  How the **bleep** can you defend this? (rhetorical question).

You've ignored everything that should just be a straightforward transaction between friends & family.  It should never take 72 hours without a couple of simple phone calls if they're really that concerned.

Please do not reply.

Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

As for being grateful PayPal exists, I consider myself as a reasonable customer, whereby they make money through my custom.  I always choose the PayPal option where applicable, assumedly for added protection.  If they're gonna fail then better they don't exist!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.