Sent money F & F but pending their end

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Recently sent money to a friend using friends and family, it's gone through my end but they're having problems sending the money to their bank account.  They've been told because of the amount it has been flagged as 'suspicious', it's £350 jeez, less than a week's rent in some areas.  They were 1st told it'd be in their bank a/c in 24 hours, now they're being told Monday morning.  The whole point of me sending via Paypal was because it's supposed to be instant.

Is there any way of getting this speeded up?  I know it's only a couple of days but they've already moved the goalposts once so nothing stops them doing that again.  Also the money is for a sale item that might not be available on Monday.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

I am having a deja vue moment, have we not been through the ''instant payment'' question before??

What part of ''its only instant paypal account to a paypal account'' did you not understand.

And where does it tell you that paypal withdrawals are instant.

Another case of someone reading up on NOTHING and then blaming paypal and others when they realise they are wrong.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ccleohar
Contributor
Contributor
Probably referencing me on that comment. friends and family needs to be removed from PayPal. It's allowing scammers to steal and get away with it. You could be **bleep** out of thousands and PayPal will turn a blind eye.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ccleohar

Yes you are right they will turn a blind eye as their is no buyer protection if you use that way   Smiley Sad

But then if it was not a family member or a mate why would you use that method anyway??

Did you fund it via a card? If so then contact your card issuer and they may chargeback for you  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ccleohar
Contributor
Contributor
So PayPal finds it acceptable to protect scammers. Many people are vulnerable online and don't know there's no buyer protection with F & F. Scammers have basically now got a loophole to steal and get away with doing so.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ccleohar

When you click on send money > there are 2 options, one of them says its for family and friends and the other goods, so why would you even think of using the former??

Also on the SAME PAGE it says clearly that with goods you are protected with buyer protection on the other one it does not say that. So again why would you choose the f/f route?

Sorry but its not rocket science which one you choose, a 5 year old could work that one out.

There are scams on the phone where they convince you to transfer funds to a ''safe'' account as its at risk pretending to be from your bank...........but if you do it then your bank is not responsible.........its your fault.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

So now after providing misinformation you're happy to move the topic totally off-topic and move on to scammers.

I am the sender, no scam, no laundering no nothing.  Just a simple transaction between fully verified accounts was all I'm enquiring about.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

Sorry i was not talking to you, if you READ the posts i was answering a post by @ccleohar

You do have trouble reading don't you.

And you don't own the thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

Some might say the biggest scam is PayPal withholding funds of potentially millions of customers at any given time.  Why didn't I think of that, holding £millions and keeping the interest?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GrumpyGit

A company that wants to get as much interest on their money as possible..........horrors  Smiley Surprised   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGit
Contributor
Contributor

The thread is useless anyway thanks to its main respondant.  Feel pleased in the sun.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.