Pay After Delivery - highly annoying, how do I switch this off?

hipchicmck

Firstly I do appologise if it turns out this has already been asked. I've searched, and not found anything on the forum yet.

Recently eBay (and other external links) has landed me on the PayPal page with a Pay After Delivery option. As I understand this, it will debit my account sometime in the future, rather than right away. I'm cheesed. 

1) I don't like leaving people hanging. I want to pay, be clear that I have paid, and get my stuff.

2) I don't want it coming out of my bank account, thanks

3) I don't want people to pay me later when I sell stuff on eBay.  You bought it? It's yours when I see the cash. I'm not posting anything till the cheque clears, but my buyers will now be given this option, and I'm not okay with that. 

Yes, I know that I can by-pass this annoying option by selecting my PayPal account as the payment method, but that's a whole extra set of clicks I really don't have time for. I want to set my PayPal account so that I'm not offered Pay After Delivery as a default, and I want to set my eBay account so that my buyers don't have that option.

Am I alone in this?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The pay after delivery means that as a seller you get paid and the buyer "owes" paypal so it should not affect you as a seller.

Click Profile, then My money, and then choose to update bank account, you will then see in blue writing that you can switch this option OFF. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's all about corporate marketing from PayPal's perspective. 

Login to Me Too

chrisn68
New Community Member

THIS IS A STUPID FEATURE, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE JUST FORCED IT ON PEOPLE WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN INFORMED ABOUT IT AND GIVEN THE CHANCE TO TURN IT ON IF WE WANTED IT!! I BUGGERS UP MY ACCOUNTS THINKING STUFF IS PAID WHEN IT ISNT.

THE MORE I SEE OF PAYPAL THE MORE I HATE IT

Login to Me Too

dc61
New Community Member

I ABHOR this option - it has appeared without any discussion or approval with or by me.  When I go to pay for items, I now have to be very careful and double and treble check that this option isn't the default - which it currently is.  There should be an easy option to turn off this method of payment or it should be an OPT IN rather than a default.  PayPal are getting above themselves!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There is an easy option to turn it off, i have already told you how in the above post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Toysyouhad
New Community Member

Actually there are no options for "My Money" in profile.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No there is not now since the new site replaced the classic site but there was when I posted that last comment back in >>

‎09-16-2013 05:33 PM

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Toysyouhad & kernowlass,

I hope you don't me jumping in here. 

kernowlass is completely right that you used to be able to turn this feature off within the 'My Money' tab.

However, over the past few months we've updated our interface so this option is now available beside your listed bank within the 'Wallet' tab instead.

I hope this information helps and have a great weekend,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Isa-bella
Contributor
Contributor

It was a few months since this was last replied to by Paypal, and now I can't find the option in 'Wallet' to turn this off.  Can anyone please help?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.