Pay After Delivery - highly annoying, how do I switch this off?

hipchicmck

Firstly I do appologise if it turns out this has already been asked. I've searched, and not found anything on the forum yet.

Recently eBay (and other external links) has landed me on the PayPal page with a Pay After Delivery option. As I understand this, it will debit my account sometime in the future, rather than right away. I'm cheesed. 

1) I don't like leaving people hanging. I want to pay, be clear that I have paid, and get my stuff.

2) I don't want it coming out of my bank account, thanks

3) I don't want people to pay me later when I sell stuff on eBay.  You bought it? It's yours when I see the cash. I'm not posting anything till the cheque clears, but my buyers will now be given this option, and I'm not okay with that. 

Yes, I know that I can by-pass this annoying option by selecting my PayPal account as the payment method, but that's a whole extra set of clicks I really don't have time for. I want to set my PayPal account so that I'm not offered Pay After Delivery as a default, and I want to set my eBay account so that my buyers don't have that option.

Am I alone in this?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To change the default way you pay for purchases:

1.Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk.
2.Click the COG SYMBOL 'SETTINGS' near the top right of the page. (spanner thing next to log out).
3.Scroll down to 'Payment Settings'.
4.Click 'Pay after Delivery',
5.Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click 'Turn this option off'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nocliptoni
New Community Member

Hi, just registered to answer this heh.In your paypal summary click into "Money" menu and there under the "Bank account " click "view  details"  and there under "status" and "Primary confirmed" there is a option to turn that pain in the bum option off !!I hope this helps , its lovely how these things are crammed down our throats without any consultation at all. It is difficult enough as it is to keep up with what money has gone out and what has not.Dont get me wrong i could not imagine life without Paypal now but sometimes ...grrrr lol

Cat Very Happy

ps.just saw this had allready been answered , seems that there are more than one way to skin the cat , oooops ...

Login to Me Too

MomOnBroadway
Contributor
Contributor
There isn't any need to worry about what your customers are doing as far as a form of payment... I know you were worried that it's going to put a hold on your end of the payment process but it won't. You won't even feel even the slightest rumble or flip because you're covered! There's no need to panic for stress yourself out. Especially not with this (as a seller) because you're getting paid with what is essentially a "small loan agreement" (Sort of) between the buyer & PayPal, and that money I was going to come right through rather than process And, honestly, it's their right to choose that payment option , just as they would if they wanted to pay with a credit card or gift card, etc. I know people who love this option. If they choose this option then there's a really good chance you're really better off in the long run because you don't have to worry about delays (bank holds, Overdrafted accounts that are linked to zero balance PayPal) If you think about how frequently people with a negative checking account balance submit payments through PayPal with a negative PayPal balance as well, and then quite literally hold the seller up while the bank and Paypal are taking what seems like their sweet time, but is really and truly because their hands are tied while they wait for the customer to be able to put money back into their account... Hopefully you can see a ittle light in this… I know you're frustrated, but this is not 100% terrible, especially not for a seller. There won't be any of that payment delay business. And beyond receiving the payment, everything else is between Paypal and the buyer.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MomOnBroadway

You are answering a thread dated 2015  !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.