Item case/claim vanished from resolution centre

JazzMc
Contributor
Contributor

Just logged in to check the status of a claim I made to get my money back for a blatent scammer and the case is nowhere  to be seen in the resolution centre.

Ive looked under all the tabs such as closed cases open cases all cases and its not showing up despite the little number indicator displaying (1) open case it will not show said case.

Before this happened the seller provided a fake tracking number on the case which prevented me from responding untill paypal verified the tracking number. Then the seller shut down his ebay account preventing me from contacting him at all.

The last I heard about the case other than that the tracking number provided by the seller was being looked into was a little splash screen upon logging in that said something along the lines of ''Paypal are investigating the claim'', not sure if this has something to do with my problem but thought I'd tell you just in case.

Thanks for a response in advance 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hey JazzMc,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you know if you opened the case on eBay or PayPal? If you opened the case on eBay, you may see indication of the case on PayPal but you will be unable to see the specific case details. That could explain why you are unable to view the case information on PayPal.

If the case is open on PayPal, there could be an issue that is preventing you from viewing the case. Could you please ensure that you are accessing your account using Internet Explorer and try clearing your cache & cookies to see if this helps with you to view the case.

If you are still encountering difficulties, could you try contacting us on Twitter @PayPalUK or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

JazzMc
Contributor
Contributor

The issue has been resolved now and the case has reappeared. The case was opened on paypal because ebay said the item sold was not covered by the Ebay moneyback guarantee. However it still will not allow me to respond although im not sure if this is normal or not.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi JazzMc, 

Glad to hear it, it sounds to me like this case is in review stage so there may be nothing further you need to do.

Keep an eye on your emails and the Resolution Centre of  your account as this is where you will see any further requests for information.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.