Paypal not accepting some card payments even when same card used before

SCHN
Contributor
Contributor

This is now happenning frequently on my site and is embarassing for customers and I am losing payments because of it. I think there is a glitch in the system because even when the same caard is being used for a payment that was only used a few weeks ago the customer's card is not being accepted. Then when she tries another card that one is also not accepted. This is realy frustrating as there seems to be a run of them now. I had to change me PayPal password recently and I wondered if this could be anything to do with it, but I cant see how that would affect it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi SCHN, 

It sounds like your customers card issuer is declining the payment. If you are encountering this issue in the future you could ask your buyers to try paying using a different browser to see if that would help. Alternatively request that your buyers contact their card issuer directly. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

SCHN
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but she had already used her card that day for something else and had previouslyy used it on my website to pay her deposit, so it is a mystery. This has happened several times recently so I wondered if there was an issue with paypal security or something?

Monica

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there SCHN,

It is very hard to know what exactly has happened and why the payment was unable to complete to your account. It is possible that our security system has prevented the payment from completing but the only way we can be sure is by asking your buyer to contact us directly. 

If your buyer contacts us, we will be able to investigate their account further in order to determine exactly why the payment did not complete. We could also try to assist them in order to be able to complete the transaction to your account.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you and your buyer get on.

David.

Login to Me Too

SCHN
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks David,

As the time has gone now I wont pursue it with the customer as she has paid by cheque now, but just wanted to be sure it wasnt a glitch in the system

thanks

Monica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.