New PayPal Interface: Where have My Selling Preferences gone?

2003steve
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yesterday when I logged in to PayPal I saw that the user interface had changed to the new look, when I went to 'profile' by clicking on the cog on the top right I could not find 'My Selling Prefernces' like I use to see. I have 2 buttons that I set up some months ago to sell my bands CDs. How do I access them now to update them?

I have written to PayPal but so far I have only receievd the automated replying giving instructions of where 'My Selling Preferences' were under the old interface!

I have a premier account.

Thanks

Steve

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

gonewest
Contributor
Contributor

I have now been told that Paypal is asking their developers to put the BuyNow buttons back onto the Premier accounts.  I should think so too, we signed up for these under the T & C's of the day.

My earlier inability to access via the Classic interface seems to have gone, so I can say....for any other people reading this... you can get to your selling preferences by selecting the classic interface (link down bottom left of your new interface) and then going to the cog symbol at the top right, and then on to the selling preferences. All the BuyNow button codes that you have used are in a long list and you can continue to make new ones.

What an absolute faff. And anyone looking for some BuyNow button alternatives to Paypal, there's a very new Ozzie company called Selz .

Login to Me Too

ChrisG_UK
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, it is possible to access selling preferences by switching to Classic Site and then clicking the cog icon. I would never figured this out by myself. I even emailed PayPal who gave me the wrong answer.

Maybe I should start a new thread for this but does anyone know how to access the IPN History in the new interface?

And how to get the balance on the Summary page to show in a currency that I use, rather than US$?

I could go on. There is so much wrong with the new interface I don't know where to start.

Login to Me Too

gonewest
Contributor
Contributor

I've just gone and logged in to my own account to check out your issue about IPN....and I can't locate it either. Neither can I locate it in the classic interface. Must admit all my figures are in pounds sterling, though.

It probably is worth starting a new thread on IPN. This information should be readily available for all premier and business account holders.

And here am I, thinking about helping a very small UK charity set up "Paypal Here",  for card payments in their shop....I'm beginning to have serious doubts now., if this is anything to go by. People in large or small businesses  haven't got time to muck about on forums trying to strangle answers out of the gateway provider.

Good luck; I'm out of here for a week on hols, so hope more people come on board re these queries.

Login to Me Too

cherylarchi
New Community Member

Hi I found the seller preferences in the new layout. its on the account homepage; https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/home just scroll down and look on the left, its under Selling Tools in bold blue lettering.

Login to Me Too

luckyfrance
New Community Member

Hi,

On the new interface, the icon (representing you as a person), at the top Right edge, allow to change settings.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.