Can I disable and enable international shipping with a basic button?

zandergrin
New Community Member

HI,

I'm using a simple buy now button. I can't see anything anywhere about international orders? Can I enable them and disable them? If I don't have the option are they enabled or disabled by default?

I have set up fixed postage charges, but obviously if someone orders on the other side of the worked it would cost way more, so if possible I'd like to disable international orders by default.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

ccomfort
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE PAYAPL, offer us UK sellers the facility to assign both LOCAL postage rates to customers and INTERNATIONAL postage rates - on the SAME 'add to cart' button. You USED to provide this facility years ago (so it is possible) but, when I went to update my website I found this was no longer available. Aaaaaaaarrrggghh!!! THIS COULD RUIN MINE (AND OTHERS') BUSINESS.

I'm in the UK. How can it possibly be fair for me to charge a customer in the USA £10.00 for postage and be forced to charge the same to a customer who lives just 10 miles away from me.

PLEASE PAYPAL THIS ISSUE NEEDS ADDRESSING URGENTLY. Woman Frustrated

Many thanks

A

PS It's some consolation to find that thousands of others are having the same problem (and it's not just me being.... stupid!)

Login to Me Too

ccomfort
Contributor
Contributor

Why? Why? Why? can't PayPal let us assign different postage rates (local/International) to our 'add to cart' buttons?

It's not fair on UK sellers. How can we compete with the commerce giants of other countries like the USA?

If eBay can do it, why can't PayPal do it?

PayPal used to do it, years ago.

PLEASE HELP

...before I go out of my mind!

(note the use of large colourful text - in vane hope of attracting an answer)

Login to Me Too

InnovationSigns
Contributor
Contributor

"Please use another browser" is interesting when Chrome has one of the largest market shares and more-over, is promoted on Paypal's website in some of it's help guides.

I understand the sentiment of the request, though. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Guys, 

Firstly let me say that I can see some of you are very frustrated that we do not currently offer all postage options in the UK. 

As far as I am aware this is not due to change however that is not to say it may not change in the future. 

It is something that I am continuing to provide feedback on and I assure you that it has all posts have been feed back to the relevant team. 

I thank you all for your comments and your feedback on this matter Smiley Happy

Paula 

Login to Me Too

jwsupplements
New Community Member

This is absurd that you cannot achieve different shipping costs based on destination - it can be done on the US Paypal so the coding is practically there.

It is a reason I may be forced to leave using paypal as this is an essential requirement for me.

Login to Me Too

dan_58329

I feel I have to add my voice to this. 

It is bizarre and inexplicable that a simple solution which is already used for US customers is not deployed for UK customers and elsewhere. 

Here is what US paypal customers can do and have been able to do for years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yhXIBJKHdg

It is also saddening that this is now a long comment thread, more than two years old, and there is still no response from Paypal, nor even apparently an understanding of the problem.

Really hope this simple, but highly frustrating issue can be resolved - although it this does not look hopeful from the thread so far. 

Login to Me Too

Springthyme
Contributor
Contributor

Springthyme Records sell CDs worldwide and since we use PayPal we are forced to charge the same for postage whether UK or Australia.

THIS HAS NOW BECOME A BIG PROBLEM.

The Small Packet/ Airmail rate for a single CD to Australia has risen in the new RoyalMail rates of April 2012 from £2.32 to £3.90. PayPal only allows VARIABLE SHIPPING Rates for US Traders - THIS IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE.

Our fixed price for one CD is £1.50 and we can no longer absorb the additionalpostage costs.

Either PayPal must change or we must go to another Payment Provider.

See: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_ProfileAnd...

Login to Me Too

polarjacks
New Community Member

We have emailed Paypal help about this 4 times and got the same answer everytime, I've copied it in below.  This answer says it can be done but when I click on Update besides Shipping Calculations, I don't get a Domestic or International option, which I have mentioned in my previous 3 emails to Paypal Help, yet still get the same answer.  I assume these steps are for US paypal customers, which I am not and am somewhat amazed that the folk at Paypal haven't managed to figure that out.  The shipping setup for non US customers is quite frankly pathetic and proof Paypal really don't care about the rest of the world.

Oh well, time to look for a new payment provider.

- - -

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Heather and I am happy to assist you today.

Here's how to get to your shipping calculator.
My Selling Tools
click Update besides Shipping Calculations.

In the shipping calculator you should see both domestic and international shipping.  When you select each one they can both be in the same currency.  If you wanted to set up different currencies for international the option is there as well.  Although you would need to create a shipping method for each currency.

When you're setting up the shipping I would suggest basing it off of amount or quantity.  This option will allow you to choose one rate for domestic and one rate for international.

After you choose the shipping method name and time select either quantity or amount. 
By amount it will list $0.01 and up then you can put in the shipping rate you want, $7.00 for domestic.  This will also be the same when you set up International.

By quantity it will list 1 and up and you would enter the shipping rate the same as you would if you based if off of amount.

By doing either one, this is setting a standard rate for shipping.  Again you can also enter the specific amount in the button but would not reflect domestic or international.

- - -

Login to Me Too

miketheb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

Why do PayPal have different features for UK and USA PayPal users?

This applies to the international shipping feature as well as the rates charged (the USA is cheaper of course!).

This is clear discrimination and places the USA PayPal users at a competitve advantage over other countries.

PayPal have programmers who could implement the international feature without thinking about it, so I cannot see why on earth PayPal are so stubborn about it ~ we are customers asking a very reasonable and sensible request.

Absolutely Bonkers and abuse of power ~come the revolution..........

Login to Me Too

noddy6598
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to add my support to those frustrated with having no options to adjust postage rates for international buyers.  I sell my book from own website and have no choice but to charge the same postage rates to domestic buyers in the UK and to those who buy from abroad.

Paypal have provided a great service to me over the years but if this option is not made available to us in the UK soon then my custom will be taken elsewhere... I can no longer afford to absorb the cost myself.

Come on Paypal... sort this out please.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.