Adding international postage rates as well as UK ones to my paypal buy iy now buttons?

RoCoWe
New Community Member

On my website i have the Uk postage included when someone buys a product,only thing is if someone in USA or Australia buys it too then they just get charged the UK postage and I lose money.

How do I rig it up so I can charge people the right amount depending on where they are coming from?

This has baffled me for ages.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

acidrambler
Contributor
Contributor

Crikey this is a lot harder than it  really ought to be!

Can someone or even paypal please point me in the direction of a site or person who can offer the same style paypal buy now checkout but with P&P options, please.

Please!

Login to Me Too

acidrambler
Contributor
Contributor

Still here, still waiting for some assisitance.

The paypal mods said they'd pass it to the product team.....over a year ago.

Any progress???

ALSO could someone help me (and others) in finding/choosing a different option that still sues paypal but offers a few more advanced options, one called Mals was mentioned.Are there any smooth and simple to follow carts that would make changing over an easy solution?

Please.

Login to Me Too

3dj
Contributor
Contributor

I joined yesterday to try and find out if there was any way of adding an option for 1st and 2nd class after the astronomical price rise yesterday. I guess this is my answer - NO

Surely this would be an easy and fantastic addition to encourage people to use Paypal. I keep getting asked for my opinions on how to improve Paypal. I would much rather have this than the other stuff i keep getting asked about. I would be interested to know about an affordable easy to use alternative too.

Login to Me Too

3dj
Contributor
Contributor

I keep going through all the stuff on creating buttons and postage etc but can't see any way to offer different postage rates like 1st class, 2nd class, special delivery

Login to Me Too

acidrambler
Contributor
Contributor

It's STUPID. That's what it is. Really stupid. Terribly frustrating!!!!

It's so easy but unless they do it, a lot of us are snookered.

I have had to sign up to Roman Cart this week, it isn't as straight forward as I thought it would be either! I had hoped a bit of html into the current paypal cart and voila.... but no it's a lot more fussy. The reason I stuck with paypal for so long was the simplicity.

I've now got to try and learn all new stuff for this roman cart whilst in the meantime lose needless amounts of money on postage that has now gone up even more.

The mods come on here and reply when someone comes up with a makeshift flawed option so they're reading and are fully aware. Please listen and action on this. It's not rocket science is it? We just want UK/EUR/RoW postage options adding into the checkout carts.

PLEASE!!!!!

Login to Me Too

acidrambler
Contributor
Contributor

Still no joy or updates? Even after the huge price hike from Royal Mail?

COME ON paypal, help us out for heaven's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

mustardseedgame
New Community Member

Frustration at every level that we cannot have a simple UK/ EU/ rest of world postage rates. It is holding our business back that we can only offer UK postage and even then it is so basic. I cannot apply special offer/ free  postal rates for new customers for example or as part of a special deal.

Login to Me Too

kate09
Contributor
Contributor

As a possible new client for paypal, it's so interesting reading all these remarks regarding this problem – for over a year clients have been asking paypal for help on this and none has been offered. Seems to me the contempt paypal higher management shows its UK customers is breathtaking.

I am starting a business and was about to offer a paypal button. I'm now going to look elsewhere. So that's one bit of business they've lost. I wonder how many more clients they have to lose before they offer what, on the face of it, seems to be a small technical amendment. Technology Now, in a previous post makes the very valid point that they're a bank, not a shop. True. But why then do they offer this facility in the US? Technologynow also offered this in a previous posting: 'As a bank: It offers basic 'Buy Now' buttons. They are meant to be just that. Basic. If you want an all singing all dancing shop, then you need to pay a lot of money to buy a pre-formatted one (like Actinic) or you need the computer skills to set up your own free one (like Zen Cart).'  - This is all good advice for anyone who wants to go elsewhere.

Which is exactly what I'm going to do.

Login to Me Too

acidrambler
Contributor
Contributor

Good words. This goes on and on and on. And the 'community admin/paypal staff' choose not to come by here. It's really frustrating!!

I have singed up for trials with both Mals and Roman Cart and with the inventory qtys being a necessity fot me try as I might I just cannot get to grips with them.

COME ON PAYPAL.

Just add an option so we can set postage amounts for UK - EUROPE - RoW.

The most annoying part is it's probably really easy.

Login to Me Too

Springthyme
Contributor
Contributor

That is a VERY unhelpful comment. Every few months I check back t with a Google search "Add postage rates to Pay Pal Button Domestic International" and I hope to find that they have finally added a facility that is ESSENTIAL for a website selling goods worldwide. And still they decline to add a facility that is available to US PayPal customers. It bwould be an enormous problem to change a website to a new button provider. We have been using PayPal for 10m years or more and still have to accept losing money on some international orders. For heavier items we have had to design duplicate up to 4 duplicate pages for UK/ USA, Canada/ Europe/ Autralasia. What a nonsense!

Peter Shepheard

www.springthyme.co.uk 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.