eBay buyer cancelled payment

KatLaks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I dispatched an item to the buyer on 26th June and she cancelled her payment on 4th July because it was unclaimed by me. The reason I hadn't claimed payment before then was because of password / debit card verifying problems accessing paypal so I was unable.

I can now access paypal but she will not reply to my email / text. Seems very crafty seen as she already had received the item.. I'd like to now why she cancelled it. Thanks

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_paula

Hi KatLaks, 

Welcome to the forum. 

I think the only person that can answer why the payment was cancelled is the person who cancelled the payment. If this was an eBay transaction you can always file an unpaid item dispute against your buyer for the item. To do this you can contact eBay directly. 

I would also recommend that you continue to contact the buyer advising them that they have now received their item without payment. 

We always advise not to ship out an item until the payment status is showing as completed. 

Please keep us posted

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Sun_Kim

I have the same problem. I was not able to claim the payment because I listed a different email address which I frequently used on everything I do.

When the buyer made the payment, I tried to claim the payment and did not find it on my Paypal account. So I waited for two days and found that there was still no payment. I thought I just needed to wait a little longer to receive the payment. So I just shipped the item anyway. That was 2 days after the sale. On the same day I shipped the item, I received an email from Ebay that says my buyer cancelled the payment. So I checked the payment history to check that again but found nothing. 

Then I realized that I have listed a different email address for the paypal payment on the Ebay item list. So after realizing that I have added the email address on the Paypal and sent a few emails and another invoice to the buyer so he can make the payment again. However, it has been more than 4 days that I have not received any reply from him... 

I tried to open an unpaid item case but it replies me back with the following message:

"Our records show a refund was made to the buyer's payment on Jun 25, 2014."

Which I have no idea why...

I hope someone can help me out on this. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Sun_Kin,

Welcome to our community page.

I am sorry to hear this. I am afraid we need to review your account first. I suggest contacting customer solutions team through your PayPal account. Alternatively from Twitter (@AskPayPal) or from our UK Facebook page.

I and my colleagues will review your PayPal account and find out what had happened.

Here to help!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Amawillians
Contributor
Contributor
I emailed PayPal customer services and was told that until they received a tracking number the payment would stay pending.... I did this and now the buyer has cancelled the payment! This is the second time it's happened. How can you get away with telling people they can't claim the money until the item has been posted then deny any fault when the buyers cancel payments and we get ripped off again!??
Login to Me Too

mlfox89

This is a major issue which your support team continuously neglect. 

Many people are having this issue.

I just got scammed again on a $330 item sold through Ebay.

What is being done to fix this problem.

Sellers beware - Ebay is becoming a terrible platform due to neglect from paypal customer support on this issue.

It's a shame

Login to Me Too

saugata28
Contributor
Contributor

Completely agree with this: eBay is becoming a worst platform for sellers and its completely due to the negligence of PayPal. PayPal must be responsible for the loss of sellers. I'm just wondering still there is no solution for this issue!! How could PayPal be such irresponsible!? I will not reply on PayPal for any future transaction. I wish I could make a legal complain against PayPal 😕 

@mlfox89 wrote:

This is a major issue which your support team continuously neglect. 

Many people are having this issue.

I just got scammed again on a $330 item sold through Ebay.

What is being done to fix this problem.

Sellers beware - Ebay is becoming a terrible platform due to neglect from paypal customer support on this issue.

It's a shame

Login to Me Too

saugata28
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand how PayPal could be such irresponsible!! It's completely their responsibility to protect sellers from any loss, but they are not doing anything and lots of sellers are continuously being scammed! I'll never ever rely on them for any future tranaction. I wish I could make a legal complain against PayPal!

Login to Me Too

laura888
Contributor
Contributor

im having the same sort of problem... I sold an item and it said that they payed so I sent the item but now its saying "payment not received" and I received a email off ebay saying that the buyer had cancelled the transition because I had not claimed my money? To my knowledge and experience in the past the money had automatically gone into my account and I didn't have to "claim" the money!!! Threes a link in the email to "claim the money" but its making out I don't have a paypal account when I do!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

laura this sounds like an email addy problem.

Go to your transaction in your my ebay and click to the right where it says sell similar.

Scroll down to the payment section and check the email addy in the paypal box.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.