eBay buyer cancelled payment

KatLaks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I dispatched an item to the buyer on 26th June and she cancelled her payment on 4th July because it was unclaimed by me. The reason I hadn't claimed payment before then was because of password / debit card verifying problems accessing paypal so I was unable.

I can now access paypal but she will not reply to my email / text. Seems very crafty seen as she already had received the item.. I'd like to now why she cancelled it. Thanks

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

laura888
Contributor
Contributor

thank you it was because my email address works both gmail.com and googlemail.com so i added the gmail.com adress to paypay as you can have mulitple email adresses on there and it worked!! thanks again 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Cool   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nansu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I got an email saying that the payement was sent to me for an item so I dispatched it in the mail.

I did not know that you had to claim the money and assumed it was in my account.

Later I got an email saying that the payement has been cancelled.

What should I do?

The buyer wont respond to my messages.

Help would be much appreciated!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nansu

Can you do this first >>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Nansu
Contributor
Contributor
My email address is correct. I believe that the buyer is trying to get the item for free since he got the parcel and I had not claimed the money. What should I do? Can I send his information over to you? Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Houseof_
New Community Member
Just wondering if you found a solution for this? This has just happened to me and I've contacted the buyer with no response. After shipping the item out with tracking the buyer cancelled the payment. I'm digusted people are like this. What can I do?
Login to Me Too

rvt313

I had this buyer who won my xboxone in an auction for 167.00 free shipping = 24-30 buck of my money). It took the buyer two days after the auction to process a payment. When the payment was initiated the buyer sent me a message asking why is the item taking so long to ship.I told them im waiting for the payment to clear so I checked the awaiting payment notification on my ebay and it said that I can ship and the money should be processed by 9-9-17. I shipped the xboxone then the payment got cancelled and after talking to everyone at ebay and paypal they are basicly saying I am dummy cause im new and its my lost If the customer doesnt pay, Call the cops etc. its funny cause ebay said for me to ask paypal why the customer cancelled the payment hahah. Ebay making it seem like i was the first person this ever happend to but apparently not cause here is a forum with others like me who have been victims of theft cause ebay allows scammers to make stupid bogus accounts then they come on to the site and **bleep** over honest people trying to make a living off this site like us in here. So i guess from now on ebay is telling me not to sell to a buyer who has just started an account with zero transaction , is that how it works now?  Over 200.00 of value down the drain and I got to call the cops wow can somebody out there here me man.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rvt313

You never ship unless the funds are actually showing in your paypal account balance.

As it said it was being 'initiated' I suspect there may have been a problem with the email addy you had on your auction.

Can you do this  >>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

If it was wrong then it would not appear in your paypal balance so you do not ship, also it would show up as 'unclaimed' on the buyers end with a cancel option (the only time the buyer can cancel a payment). If so then you can send him a money request or invoice and see if he will re-pay.

If he does not then I would contact him and state that as you have all the evidence if he does not pay then you will be taking him to the small claims court (that may just tip him into paying again).

If the email address was correct then it could be the buyer sent you an echeque, again you have to wait for it to clear, when it does it appears in your paypal balance. If the echeque will fail to clear if the buyer did not have enough funds in their bank account to fund the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gabriel3344
New Community Member

@kernowlass

But that's the thing. It does show up in the Paypal balance, I was able to transfer the money to my bank account and afterwards, the buyer cancelled the payment and now my Paypal account is in the negative. How is that not eBay and Paypal's responsability is beyond me.

Login to Me Too

Ssawyer29
Contributor
Contributor
This has just happened to me as well. I sold a laptop on eBay for $305 dollar and got payment so I sent the item. This was last week. And last night I got an email from PayPal saying the payment was cancelled. How can I get my money now??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.