Sold mobile phone, chargeback issued 15 mins after collecting

Poggy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, sold a mobile for £333 two days ago, money paid into my pp acc, then 15 mins after the buyer collected i noticed an email off the buyer stating he wished to cancel the order, the transaction was completed correctly within ebay and pp, now pp say they are awaiting a response from the seller (me) when i press the yellow resolve button it gives me 3 options but nowhere to copy and paste supporting docs, ebay have stated that an ebay members account had been hacked and he obviously wants his money back, pp have currently placedthe monies on hold pending review, but doesnt tell me how i can send them any info, although i have sent it to ebay, also i have a crime report no issued by police, I have been an ebay and pp seller since 2002 and sold several thousand items, any suggestions would be most appreciated

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poggy

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item OR chargeback etc. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Poggy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, i did state on the Ebay advert that strictly no collection but the mail from him was at 11pm and he said he would collect that same night as he lived locally, he did pay by paypal but hijacked a ebay idfrom a guy in nottingham, when that guy found out he had been scammed he filed a chargeback to recover his cash, so looks like you say i have shot myself in the foot, i think its about time to pack this selling lark in, im in my mid sixties, and not as sharp as i used to be, so ok , Paypal keeps telling me to go to the resolution centre and click the yellow review button, but all that gives me is three options to refund, I have now sent two emails to pp via the message centre and supplied them with a police crime report ref, but alas i think i will have to take this one on the chin, thank you for your help and guidance it is very much appreciated

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poggy

i think its about time to pack this selling lark in, im in my mid sixties, and not as sharp as i used to be, so ok ,

Thanks for that, maybe i should give up as well then ?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.