Chargeback Issue

svvarthan
Contributor
Contributor

My friend asked me to transfer money from his credit card to his bank account in a different country. He sent money from his card to my paypal account and I transferred him. The transactions were successful and he got the money.

Two months back, I got an email from Paypal saying that buyer didn't authorize those transactions and raised a dispute. I have been talking to my friend since then, he is saying he didn't raise them. We have been talking to Paypal and his bank. I gave all the documents to Paypal regarding all the transactions, and finally they said buyer won the case without providing any details. My account balance is negative now and owe money to Paypal.

My friend (buyer) didn't raise the dispute and he never got the money from Paypal. We don't know who raised the dispute and where the money went. Please help us !!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I'm afraid only your friend can resolve this directly with your bank. A bank would generally only open a chargeback at the request of their customer (your friend).

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.