PayPal Claim Closed in Sellers Favour...

DeanLee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if someone could offer me some help or advice on this situation.

Recently bought something from Facebook using PayPal at a cost of £80. The items never arrived but the buyers tracking says 'Delivered'. It was sent via standard 2nd Class Royal Mail, so it doesn't show my address on the tracking and no signature.

The buyer shown me the receipt which did contain my address so I do believe they sent it, however for some reason or another it hasn't arrived with me.

The buyer wanted me to open a case with PayPal. The case was closed by PayPal in the sellers favour, so I'm currently £80 down.

My question is though, since when did PayPal accept standard Royal Mail parcel tracking as proof of delivery (£2.90 small parcel)? They've never sided with me before when I've sent things with no tracking. Just seems like they're very inconsistent with deciding cases.

It's worth adding that the seller did upload a photo showing my door number / postcode on the royal mail receipt. However, being a seller on eBay myself for many years, this has NEVER worked for me when a buyer has opened a case against me.

I've just rang PayPal and they said the next step in the process is for them to contact the seller to tell them to ring Royal Mail. This seems ridiculous though cause surely the seller could just not co-operate since the case has been closed in their favour. So I pretty much can't do anything to appeal it?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.