Unauthorised payment case closed without the chance to provide additional information as the seller

Brennypenny
New Community Member

Hello All,

Hopefully someone can give me some advise please 🙂

I sold a ring on eBAy (Buy it Now) and the item was pay for via PayPal, apprx £ 125.00 incl postage from UK to Canada.

The item was posted the same day to the address provided and I do have proof of postage and a tracking number.

A few days later a unauthorised payment case was opened. And before I had the chance to provide this additional postage information the case was immediately closed and a refund was given from my account. 

I had no way of knowing this was an unauthorised payment, I have send the item, I can provide the address of the fraudsters, I lost my ring and £ 125.-

Can anyone advise me please, can I dispute this or re-open the case ?

Thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Deej4617
New Community Member

I had a similar issue last year, the buyer didn't open the dispute up with paypal but direct with his credit card company who then blocked the transaction on paypal. Not sure if the same has happened to you but the crooks are getting cleverer these days

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.