Fraud in Nigeria

arzuhamza
New Community Member

so i put up a michael kors purse on craigslist andsome one contacted me about it really fast. i planed on shipping the purse today but before i sent it i decided to text the person and as if we can call. they replied sure ill call you. after 15 min someone called me with a blocked number and as soon as i said the word fraud they got tight and started yelling stuff like NO FRAUD NOOO NO FRAUD then i searched it nd say all you guyses compliants im glad i searched. long story short donnt sell on craigslist. and if you do make sure the person pays before you ship.  

address- Blk 442 flat 4 Amuwo Odofin Mile 2 Lagos, 23401 Nigeria

fake Name - Kunle Matesun  

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Breezy92
Contributor
Contributor
Very common and unfortunately so many people have fell for this sort of fraud. Their very good with creating fake emails from PayPal and to be brutally honest no one on any site should pay before hand unless on eBay and from a known seller with + feedback. PayPal are fully aware of this scam and it's very hard to stop it 😞 just report emails and numbers if you have any that is.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arzuhamza

Pointless reporting anything to paypal as none of the transaction would have been done using their site.

Just remember   >>>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service if thats what a scammer tries when paying a so called shipping courier.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marketmaster24
Contributor
Contributor
Scammer, This happened to me also by the same person.
Please email me @ marketmaster24 at gmail.com
Login to Me Too

marketmaster24
Contributor
Contributor
Same person scammed me Scammer, I had a HP laptop for sale and I was selling it for $850. I had other offers and some offered me $1000 to ship it to them overseas. I told this buyer that I had a higher offer and she would have to match it or offer more. She said ok and asked me for a PayPal payment request once I sent it to her she never sent payment. I got multiple emails claiming to be from PayPal saying that in order to receive my money in my account that I would have to send the tracking number to that PayPal email. I checked my tracking and it was on hold and I asked the person why they put a hold on the item and they claimed that customs in Nigeria where she wanted this shipped to put the item on hold and I received an email claiming to be from customs asking for a sum of $550 for custom charges which PayPal told me was not true and this person doesn’t exist in there database. I gave them her name, phone number she contacted me with, and also her email and all were not in there database. This girl is a scammer, lied to me, sent fake aka spoof emails claiming to be from PayPal and the Nigerian Customs. Her name is Kristen Lackford The shipping address was from Kunle Matesun, the name I shipped the laptop to but the address was a little different, here’s the name, address, zipcode, etc that I received from them ————————————— The payment has been confirmed by PayPal. Kristen Lackford added this funds into your PayPal account because Kunle Matesun was asked to pay $550.00 USD for custom bills before he receives the item .You are required to send the sum of $550.00 USD through Western Union Money Transfer with the following details below and get back to us with the following details so your PayPal Account can be credited for the sum of $1,580.50 USD. The payment will be credited into your account immediately we receive the MTCN control number received from western union office. Receiver’s Name Information 1:Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) 2:Receiver’s Name and Address. Name…….Kazeem Bolaji City……….Surulere State……..Lagos Country…..Nigeria Zip-Code….23401 3:Security Question? What For 4: Security Answer? Custom charges 5:Custom Bills: $550.00 USD Please email me @ marketmaster24 at gmail.com if you were scammed by them, have information and can help me. I have several emails from them, several phone messages that I will be happy to share. Thanks
Login to Me Too

marketmaster24
Contributor
Contributor
Whoever was scammed please email me @ marketmaster24 at gmail.com so we can discuss what they did and how to stop them
Login to Me Too

marketmaster24
Contributor
Contributor
Everyone please email me at marketmaster24 at gmail.com I have several emails, phone messages, etc that I can provide to stop this person.
Login to Me Too

marketmaster24
Contributor
Contributor
Please email me at marketmaster24 at gmail.com

I was scammed by this person
Login to Me Too

punivalualafaio
New Community Member

I had the same thing happen to me, but with a DSLR Camera I was selling, but good thing I googled the adress before I sent it out. The guy I was talking to started to get defensive when I said that I did not feel comfortable with shipping items to Nigeria, and he said that if I did not then I would get into trouble with the FBI, which is hillarious to think that the FBI would come arrest me for notshiiping an item that I had not recived any money for, but thats a different story. I then recived an email from the "FBI" stating that if I did not ship the item out within 24 hours then I would be arrested for fraud. The PayPal email looks like a pretty good fake, but the FBI one was the fakest looking email I had ever seen. In the end I said no I will not ship to which he replied back "I will make sure you and your entire family are killed". Long story short dont try to take money without seeing it first. 

Login to Me Too

punivalualafaio
New Community Member

This wasa his Fake Name and Adress:

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines. No personal information to be posted. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.