Fraud in Nigeria

Mr_ramos29

Hello, I have read numerous reports on this scam from Nigeria and I believe it’s still going on. I just received an offer for an item I am selling and this person is giving me an additional 100 for shipping. He claims he is in the states but wants to send the item to his cousin. The address he wants it sent to is: ****

Post edited by Moderator. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jenny

Hi Mr_ramos29, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

I understand your frustration. Fraudulent buyers may encourage you to send the item to a different address from the Paypal transaction and then open a claim saying they did not receive the item from you. To be cover under Seller Protection, if the item you are selling is eligible, you have to ensure that your item is shipped to the appropriate address. Do not accept shipping labels from the buyer or offers to use their shipping services, since you will not be covered. 

You can find more information here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#011

Hope this helps!

Jennipher

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.