A buyer opened a PayPal claim and want to return to me an 1 year old item never bought from me

gbart1
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer bought from my ebay store a handmade ethnic blouse  with the cost 169 $ + 20 $ shipping cost . The blouse was purchased on 28 May 2017 . The blouse was new , without tag , completely handmade by local artisans . It was in perfect condition and it is a masterpiece of the Romanian culture . We need 5-6 weeks to handmade it .I shipped the blouse on 06 June 2017 ,she received it on 22 June 2017  . It is shown delivered ( left with individuals on USPS website ) . She never left me feedback on ebay after received the blouse .

Very important is that before her purchase made on May 2017  , sometime in December 2016 and then  later on May she contacted me through ebay messages letting me know that she bought in the past from me a similar blouse and now she want to buy this similar blouse from my ebay store  for her sister .

On 26 July 2017 , so 34 days after she received my blouse she wrote to me on ebay that she just washed the  similar blouse bought from me
with 1 years before and this blouse started to bleed .She asked a refund for this 1 years old bleeding blouse claiming that the blouse is bought from me or my store .

I have photos with both blouses , her old blouse , a photo sent by buyer  through ebay on
December 2016 and my blouse sold on ebay on 28 May 2017. They are similar , not identical . 34 days
after she recived my blouse she tried to force me to refund her 1 year old blouse claiming that the old
blouse is bought from me and it is deffective . I declined her request because I can prove with my
PayPal transactions that she never purchased before from me beside this blouse bought on 28 May
2017. I checked all my PayPal transaction from June 2014 until today and to this buyer  I sold only
the blouse bought on ebay on 28 May 2017 . After I declined to refund her 1 years old item she
changed her mind and suddenly said that this new purchase ( which was received  in USA and then  shipped to her
sister in Spain according with her messages ) is not as described too . She  asked refund  on ebay and ebay
decided in my favor because the refund was asked 34 days after it was delivered and it not in its original condition .

You can see that her intention was to defraud me by simply asking to refund her an 1 year old and
deffective item and after I declined her refund request for an 1 years old item which in fact was never
ever purchased from me she started to say the same thing about my blouse purchased on 28 May .
On 27 July -2017 she wrote to me  through ebay that she returned to me for a full refund her 1 years old item . No
track-trace . After I told to her that she never purchased from me another blouse beside the blouse
bought on 28 May she changed the story claiming that on 27 July she sent back to the blouse purchased on 28 May .
I filled an IC3 form for internet fraud and I'll do my best to stop this fraudster to do this to me or to
other sellers . 
I am the producer of my new blouses which are completely hand made and
carefuly inspected before to list and sell them . I wash myself each blouse before to list it . There is no
chance that my blouses will ever bleed if they are washed accordingly with the care instructions
inserted in each package .
So at this moment I have accordingly with the messages of my buyer an 1 years old item never
purchased from me sent to me with no track trace for the full refund .

After she lost the ebay return request she opened a PayPal dispute and immediately escalated it to a claim .She wrote to PayPal that per my request she shipped back to me for the full refund her blouse . BUT SHE FORGOT TO MENTION THAT SHE SENT TO ME FOR THE FULL REFUND HER 1 YEAR OLD BLOUSE NEVER PURCHASED FROM ME .
Meantime she changed her story telling that in that no trackable package she sent the blouse bought
from me on 28 May 2017 . I never received any package for her so I have no intention to refund her .
On the other hand I'll never refund a more than 1 year old item which was never purchased from
me !!!!!
In my PayPal dispute I declined her return request . I sent to PayPal all the messages I had with this buyer on ebay . Her lies . Her unbelievable nerve to ask to be refunded for an 1 year or more old item never purchased from me . 

Please , any help will be appreciated . Is my first PayPal / ebay dispute . Hope that it will be the last . 

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Jac23
Contributor
Contributor

you did a good thing, dont process a refund not unless you will recieved the item back and inspect it if its the same item you sent to her .  As per ebay return's policy , you have 6 business days to refund the buyer after the tracking shows delivered in the returns case but if there is no tracking number and you did not recieved the item back then its no longer your fault. A return tracking number is really needed as a proof . If she doesn't have it then ,good luck to her. lol . 

On the other hand , as long as you can show a proof that the item you sent to her is in good condition , you're safe. All you need to do is provide it to paypal and have them review it . 

Login to Me Too

gbart1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer . How can I prove to PayPal that the item I sent to buyer was new ? I sent to them the ebay listing , the photos from my listing ( 12 photos )  . The item was completely hand made ( hand embroidered and hand sewn ) , new , without tag because is a hand crafted item . 

PayPal decided that if the buyer wants refund , she must ship the item back to me  in its original condition , with a track-trace . Since PayPal decision was taken already passed 4 days and the buyer didn't shipped my merchandise back to me . As long her flawed 1 year old item is in transit to me or back to her in that untrackable letter post  and she is not able to send this flawed item to me instead of my beautiful blouse I am pretty sure that she will not want to return my beautiful blouse for the full refund .

Her intention was to switch the mercandise ,to ship to me for the full refund her 1 year old or more blouse instead of my new blouse . 

I already informed my buyer that if the track-trace will show that I have a return item from her waiting me at post ( here in my country we receive the international item ONLY at local post office , not at home or at any other private or business location ) , I'll go there with my video camera and photo camera and I 'll make a video and photos with her parcel and the contain inside . I 'll use this as evidence for my further claims with PayPal or police if she will not send to my my blouse in its original condition or if she will switch the mercandise .

If you can help more with advices , please do ! I repeat , in 10 years of selling hand made items this is my first ebay / paypal dispute . And I do not want to allow this thief to keep my beautiful item for which we worked  6 weeks to hand made it , my money and to receive myself  instead of my beautiful blouse an used , flawed piece of cloth from her closet . THANK YOU !!! 

Login to Me Too

Jac23
Contributor
Contributor

once your received the item back , you can take a picture or video. 

If you still have the same set of blouses , you can take a picture of both the item that you recieve from her and the new set that you still have available ( it should be together  so that you can compare how the old one looks and the new one .) it should be enough to prove it and if not , then if you somehow use a different materials from the past when you created the old one then you can site it as an example and as proof that the new set has a different materials. 

My advise though, you might want to create  personal identification like SKU ( Stock Keeping Unit) to each of the set and include it on the listing page so that you have a way of knowing every movement of your product. 

Example Set 1: blousestyle(then #) Vneck1,vneck2, vneck3 and so on and so forth

You can attach that SKu to the item itself like a barcode.

Login to Me Too

gbart1
Contributor
Contributor

No , I produce this blouse onlyin 2 pieces / year . Those are completely handmade , I can not keep huge inventory .

The buyer uploaded in its PayPal a not trackable number  associated with an email sent through ebay where she wrote that in the package with the number LC977376061US  she sent to me for the full refund her 1 year old blouse . Now she claimed through PayPal dispute that in this not trackable letter/parcel she sent to me MY blouse . Which is a fraud and lie because I have her messages through ebay when she tried to force me to refund her 1 year old blouse .

So let me know what to do ??? There is no moderator to help ?? I 'll be a pray for this fraudulent buyer ??

Login to Me Too

Jac23
Contributor
Contributor

when did the buyer open the claim? 

Do you have the item # ?

Login to Me Too

gbart1
Contributor
Contributor
Look I repeat my story as short as I can .

A buyer opened a claim dispute on PayPal .after she lost her ebay return request . She bought from me on May a NEW hand made blouse . But she had the nerve to ask to me to return for a full refund a more than 1 year old blouse from her closet pretending that this blouse is bought from me more than 1 year ago . This because of the feedback extortion . I accepted first to refund her 1 year old blouse after I 'll receive the blouse . She sent the blouse back to me with a letter post , not trackable . She gave to me a code LC.....US .

That code is not trackable . I never received that old blouse and even if I 'll receive the parcel , I 'll not accept it because that 1 year old blouse was never bought from me !!! I checked this in my PayPal . I sold to her only the blouse bought on May on ebay .

I have the ebay messages when she told to me that she sent to me in that package her 1 year old blouse !!!!

After I declined her return request for that 1 year old blouse she opened a PayPal dispute 12 days ago . PayPal asked to me to accept the return of my item in its original condition . This happend 4 days ago . She needed to upload a track-trace on PayPal untill 24 August . Now she uploaded that LC ... US and guess what ? The buyer declared to PayPal that she sent back to me MY BLOUSE in that letter post and uploaded to PayPal that code which is not trackable . Keep in mind that in that letter post is her old blouse , a similor one but not identical with mine !

So , please , help , what can I do ??? Its on the way to me a non trackable letter post containing a different blouse than the blouse I sold to my buyer .

SO NO , I do not have my item back and sure in that letter post is another blouse than my blouse !!!!!!! She declared that in her messages through ebay !!!!!
Login to Me Too

Jac23
Contributor
Contributor

I track that tracking number and I could not also find any result . 

that email you've got from the buyer, does paypal had a chance to see it or did you forward to Paypal already ? 

If not , please call them asap so that they can put a note to the claim.

For now, the best defense that you have is not receving the item and the tracking number is not traceable and I hope it will stay that way up until the dispute will automatically expire. 

If you have not talk with Paypal yet , please do so , so that they will be aware of your explaination.

Login to Me Too

gbart1
Contributor
Contributor

I phone called PayPal but they are closed at the number I have to call .

Tons of messages I sent to PayPal with all print screened messages of my buyer .I was happy with the resolution they gave to her : return my item in its original condition for full refund . Because I knew that on the way to me is her old and ugly blouse . So I hoped that she will send a trackable parcel with MY blouse as long her ugly old blouse is on the way .

I have no intention to pick up a letter post with a blouse that is not mine !!!! So the letter will return to sender in a week or two I guess .

Did you believe that with that LC ... US , PayPal will refund her without my accept ? She can take my money just like that , by sending to me a not trackable letter post containing a different item than mine ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Login to Me Too

gbart1
Contributor
Contributor
When a dispute will be automatically closed ? She opened it on 8 August , I checked now in PayPal . On 14 August PayPal decided that she must sent to me MY blouse in its original condition . Today 18 August she uploaded that LC .. US .
Now what ??
Thank you so much again for your help !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.