CAN'T GIVE REFUND BECAUSE MONEY IS ON HOLD

Ryan67t
New Community Member

Basically i had a pair of shoes listed up on an app and i couldn't find out how to remove the listing so i left it and assumed people would think it was an inactive account if i wasn't responding to people.  Then a week or so ago someone bought them without asking if i still had them.  I then told him i didn't have them and the payment was going to be held by paypal until april 12th so i couldn't give a refund by then because that's when i would actually receive the money.  So then he went ahead and opened a paypal case against me which the deadline is april 2nd for me to give a refund but i dont have the money to do that.   Please help me in what to do.  Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

conzy110
New Community Member

Having the exact same issue, i even emailed PayPal but that was no help at all. When i try to 'Issue buyer with full refund' i can't, because you have the funds i'm trying to refund on hold? hello?????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan67t

Phone customer services and ask them to release the held funds back to the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.